Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hi!

First post on here.

We ordered a replacement for my wife's ageing R56 (2011 3dr One that we've had since new) on the 31st of May, with an expected delivery date of 24th July.

Just off the phone with the dealer, John Clark of Aberdeen, to be told that the car is now not likely to be built until September, with a delivery in October.

It's a 3dr Cooper S Exclusive in Rooftop Grey over Malt Brown leather with a manual box, 18" Pulse wheels and panoramic roof - no other options - certainly none that i thought would have given us issues with semi conductors reported with HK Stereo / digital cockpit etc.

Interesting that @242DOW 's build slot was honoured - would be interested in how the factory is prioritising builds just now.
Nice step up from the One, sounds a nice spec. Hopefully things move for you on the delivery

·
Registered
721 Posts
Just to (nearly) finish off my ordering and delivery experience, the car arrived at the dealers on Thursday 15th, and it’s being delivered to us on Tuesday 20th. Just over 2 months end to end for a L3 Mini Electric - but that involves hunting for a dealer with a good build slot. Good luck everyone else waiting
Nice one So what home charger did you go for out of interest?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Well yesterday we got quite the surprise, our MA called and said the car was ready at the dealership.
Picked it up last night!
For the record we secured the reservation on an Oxford already in production July 6, picked it up July 26.

Also - it has the digital dash! Wasn't expecting that.
The center ring also has a nicely lit color-changing ring that is a little different from the prior models, it is smooth instead of jagged. I thought I'd read that was not enabled on Oxfords.
Nice surprise . Any pics?

·
Registered
721 Posts
That is true. Collected wife’s last Mini 1st March, not our cup of tea the whole mass handover with drinks, nibbles etc…not again

·
Registered
721 Posts
As I mentioned last week, I finally received my new JCW :cool:. I plan to get familiar with most of the features this weekend, but for now, here are a few pics.

View attachment 74951

View attachment 74950

View attachment 74949

View attachment 74952

I owned a Cooper S (2010), but in comparison, the JCWs are much more sporty. The tuning coupled with the additional horsepower, sport suspension (quite firm), and the upgraded brakes really differentiate the JCWs from the other models. Immediately, I liked how the tuning is paired so nicely to allow for exact shifts without confusion. One of the convenience features that I like is the Park Assist (parking sensors on the front and rear of the car). It keeps the car practical especially in the city.
Congratulations. Looks amazing

·
Registered
721 Posts
Under normal operation 1000 cars get built a day and it takes 5.5 hours to assemble a car. That's from a painted shell to driving off the line.

It takes approximately 9.5 hours to paint a mini or 13.5 hours if it has a contrasting roof.

Cars should be delivered to the dealer within the UK within a few days.
Wow, those are some serious numbers, but suppose the massive issue at the moment is chip shortage and staffing (covid etc) slowing down production big time

·
Registered
721 Posts
I think it also depends on the dealers allocation, when i ordered mine they said they had build slots available & other dealers were trying to get them. From a screen shot from the dealers my car is being built from a July allocation
That is true, and is often the best way to get a car “quicker”. Order already on system and sometimes can make small option changes depending how late. I think some dealers (larger ones) obv. Have bigger allocation and potentially get to jump queues

·
Registered
721 Posts
Ordered F54 JCW in July, no VIN number yet... shall I plan for 2022 delivery? :(
I ordered mine in early July and being told due for build 13th Sept and delivery no later than 4/10. Do you have a order number? As you can check latest status with Mini Genius via chat on website.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Am I right in thinking convertibles are made in the Netherlands? Anyone got any recent build dates for them?
Not sure about convertibles but my Countryman from Holland currently scheduled for build W/c 13th and arrival w/c 4th….at the moment

·
Registered
721 Posts
My cooper sport has just arrived at the dealers & has digital cockpit on it & i didn't order NAV+. Asked the salesman why & he said that alot of them were coming with it on, but there was also a chance you wouldn't get it due to parts supply. The only guaranteed way to get it was to order NAV+
A good win there. Father in laws Cooper came in in June with the manual dials. Dealer hadn’t even told him it had reverted which is naughty, but he wasn’t bothered as old school

·
Registered
721 Posts
Well 1 month gone by so far with another 3 to go if all goes well for my fully loaded F56 Elusive this reminds me of waiting for our Puppy to be ready for his forever Home lol Hope He likes his new transport after all of this He is used to small back seats as we are trading this in 🥲

View attachment 75119
Haha…elusive

·
Registered
721 Posts
So pick it up on Thursday, i cant wait.
I have also today ordered a sound system upgrade as i couldn't have HK. Cant get it installed until middle of October due to the car hifi store being busy & me going on holiday.
went for

Audiotec Fischer Match Co-Axial Front door speakers (2 way)
Audiotec Fischer Match Underseat Subwoofers
Audiotec Fischer Match 5ch amp with DSP
SOT Cable and adaptors
Labour

Total - £1269 inc VAT installed.

Keeping the rear OEM's speakers as nobody ever sits in the back & the soundstage is to the front

Hopefully should sound better thank HK
Sounds spot on

·
Registered
721 Posts
Very nice, im still old school & love waxing a car with high end car wax from Mitchell & King. I will however be ceramic coating the wheels with R-EVOLVE Wheel Coating by Krystal Kleen Detail which gets alot of 5 star reviews
I used to be old school too, until
I had a car ceramic coated, so easy to maintain. I use GTechniq C5 ceramic on alloys

1 - 20 of 212 Posts