Mini Cooper Forum banner
2241 - 2260 of 2330 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mini are confusing things by being vague with what the packs now contain. Maybe that’s the idea to stop complaints when we eventually look at the specs when we eventually get the cars. I’m wondering if the exclusive is now the premium. If this is the case is the classic sub premium or just basic/standard pact? Hopefully I’ll know come October (maybe this year maybe next) who knows the secrets of the VDL plant 🤔🤔😄😄

·
Registered
124 Posts
[
Mini are confusing things by being vague with what the packs now contain. Maybe that’s the idea to stop complaints when we eventually look at the specs when we eventually get the cars. I’m wondering if the exclusive is now the premium. If this is the case is the classic sub premium or just basic/standard pact? Hopefully I’ll know come October (maybe this year maybe next) who knows the secrets of the VDL plant 🤔🤔😄😄
Yes it's all very Vague. I don't believe all these changes will make any difference at all to production and delivery delays / dates.

Did you order yours with ALL4 ? I did so will now be getting one without ALL4 as it's only available on the PHEV & JCW works now which is very annoying !

·
Registered
8 Posts
For the F55 Cooper (not sure about other models), there is no mention on the configurator of Digital Display Cockpit or Head Up Display in the lists for Premium Pack (i.e. standard fit) or Premium Plus Pack.

Mentioned this to Mini Online Chat. She went away to check and said Digital Display 6WB is now standard fit on all models and Head Up Display 6AD is part of the Premium Plus Pack.
According to her, analogue speedo is no longer possible.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What ?!?!?!? In the configurator they depict the analogue in the "interior" section. I remember that they said that due to semiconductor shortage they didnt have enough digital speedo and now they put ALL digital speedo either you want it or not?
That's right, I mentioned to her that the 360 degree interior view in the configurator still showed the analogue speedo. She said she'd pass on my feedback.
For the F55 at least, the configurator shows the analogue speedo regardless of which option package you select, so clearly needs updating.
Hope they still have some analogue dials kicking around in the factory as it would be my preference.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just to point out that's not everything in the Premium Plus Pack, as i questioned this with my sales person regarding the Heads Up Display, as that's not listed in the list on the site/above.

She had a matrix to reference what was included in Premium vs Premium Plus but was for internal use only.

However the simplest way to look at it is Premium Plus includes everything from Comfort Plus, Navigation Plus, and Driving assistant Packs. Plus HK and Pan Roof
According to the UK Mini site the HUD is now only available on JCW models.

·
Registered
27 Posts
[

Yes it's all very Vague. I don't believe all these changes will make any difference at all to production and delivery delays / dates.

Did you order yours with ALL4 ? I did so will now be getting one without ALL4 as it's only available on the PHEV & JCW works now which is very annoying !
No I went for FWD, here’s my spec off my sheets:
EX37-F60 countryman Cooper S Exclusive LCI
C3B-British Racing Green IV
TYE1-Mini Yours Leather lounge
7GK-Navigation Plus Pack
ZCM-Comfort Pack
27M-19” Turnstile Spoke 2-tone
2TC-Sports Automatic DTC Transmission

I haven’t found the configuration for the countryman yet so I don’t really know what I’ve lost and what I’ve gained?

·
Registered
124 Posts
No I went for FWD, here’s my spec off my sheets:
EX37-F60 countryman Cooper S Exclusive LCI
C3B-British Racing Green IV
TYE1-Mini Yours Leather lounge
7GK-Navigation Plus Pack
ZCM-Comfort Pack
27M-19” Turnstile Spoke 2-tone
2TC-Sports Automatic DTC Transmission

I haven’t found the configuration for the countryman yet so I don’t really know what I’ve lost and what I’ve gained?
I lost the ALL4 on the Cooper S but now dealer said it will be sometime early next year before it arrives. I'm looking at just going for the Cooper if I can get one otherwise I will look at other dealers outside of my area to see if they have any spare allocation.

Hopefully this should help you

·
Registered
27 Posts
I lost the ALL4 on the Cooper S but now dealer said it will be sometime early next year before it arrives. I'm looking at just going for the Cooper if I can get one otherwise I will look at other dealers outside of my area to see if they have any spare allocation.

Hopefully this should help you
When I followed the link it automatically took me to my ordered car ( the car images went off in April) so I have been able to cross reference. I’ve lost heads up display, distance control, wireless charging, concierge services and floor mats. I have gained nothing unless it’s standard and not shown on the premium list?
thanx F60

·
Registered
104 Posts
Why do you think that ?
I can't find any logic why some cars are coming earlier and others getting late to very late.
It's not an option or a color, it's random.
And let's be honest, wouldn't you try to help your best clients ?

My dealer isn't very honest. He doesn't want to give me the production date or number (should have been produced in April).
My nephew ordered a Cooper S last week. He has already a production number and a production date in July.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My dealer isn't very honest. He doesn't want to give me the production date or number (should have been produced in April).
My nephew ordered a Cooper S last week. He has already a production number and a production date in July.
What exactly is a "production number"? I know of a VINumber and a scheduled production date. But a "production number"? 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can't find any logic why some cars are coming earlier and others getting late to very late.

I pretty much ordered the most expensive Mini available, a fully optioned Countryman JCW, and I've been waiting for almost 9 months now without any perspective for a delivery date. If they are prioritising certain vehicles it certainly isn't mine. 😂

·
Registered
12 Posts
From what I understand, Mini dealerships have a certain number of allocated builds. The dealership I ordered from sold the 2nd highest number of minis in the US last year. So they have a lot of allocated slots. i received a production number as soon as I ordered my mini. They gave me a scheduled production date the next day, which was about 3 weeks after I ordered the car. It got pushed back a couple of weeks after the Mini Oxford plant closed for 2 weeks in March.
If your dealership has used up their allocated slots, then you may not get a production number for a while. Once your mini has entered the production queue, you will get a VIN number. It took about 2 weeks after that for production to start (Exterior Body Assembly Begins) on the MyGarage.mini.com website. It took 8 days to produce, another 2 to get to the port, another week to get on a boat to Baltimore. It's in the BMW facility at the Port of Baltimore, so I may get the car in about a week. Hope this helps. I have been checking this site frequently while waiting for my car to get an idea of the timeline involved.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I pretty much ordered the most expensive Mini available, a fully optioned Countryman JCW, and I've been waiting for almost 9 months now without any perspective for a delivery date. If they are prioritising certain vehicles it certainly isn't mine. 😂
and its not mine either, if the dates stay the same, from me saying yes to driving off the forecourt it will be between 12 and 13 months. mines an high spec as well. I keep seeing new countryman's on Facebook pages Mainly Sage Green? with some saying they've ordered after me! Mini didn't accept the order for a fortnight and mine nearly got made in March! here my sequence:

04th October 21 We said yes
05th October 21 047 Order without dealer quota
20th October 21 111 Order accepted
(pencilled in for week 51)
(put back to mid January)
10th February 22 112 scheduled production 9th March
04th March 22 105 order out of production period (we didn't amend)
22nd March 22 111 order accepted
(pencilled in for September/October 22)
Latest dream date 22nd September)

·
Registered
28 Posts

Same as my dealer absolute rubbish. Has put me off buying a car

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,258 ·

I ordered my car through Park Lane mini in London. The only dealership in the uk which is owned by bmw themselves.

I still had to wait from mid May to the end of December for delivery.

It does seem extremely random how cars get built.

·
Registered
23 MINI JCW Clubman - YOURS - Rebel Green / Black - Malt Brown
80 Posts
" Im on a boat!! " 😬 ETA late June
DEAR NICHOLAS​

Ahoy! Your new MINI Clubman is officially on the ship and on it’s way to you.

Travelling across many oceans, this phase of your MINI’s journey can be the longest. To find out more about how your MINI gets from the factory to you please click below.

Get ready for adventure.

ALSO from my dealer (Australia)

"Yes, MINI is a littles stuffed at the moment, only 4 variants available for the rest of the year, no clubman or JCW until January production at this stage "​

·
Registered
59 Posts
Performed my weekly call to MINI Canada (no update) and weekly text to my MA, and was informed my car has finally changed to “Status 150 Production Started.” 👍🏼 I also now have a VIN, it shows up on bimmer.work (but not yet on mdecoder). I’m seeing the heated wheel, ACC, and HK, but no alarm. Is it safe to assume that if those three features show up there, they haven’t been deleted?

2241 - 2260 of 2330 Posts