Mini Cooper Forum banner
2281 - 2300 of 2330 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
My car has made it to the Brunswick GA port. Dealer said they expect it 5/21, getting close now.
Congrats!
I just picked up my car today(F55). I ordered it on 2/26 so it seems fast compared to others in this thread. It took 7 days from the Port of Baltimore to get to Mini of Montgomery, which is less than an hour's drive.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Had the call from my dealer just now to confirm mine will not meet the cut off for manual production so that’s the end of that.

She also said that while Mini will never confirm officially that manual won’t come back given the restrictions/issues are forecast to last into next year with the new Mini due there aren’t any plans to offer manual on that car so reality is they’re unlikely to ever put it back on as option for a few months even if availability comes back re parts.

My car as a build with auto and the new packs would be an additional £2250 on top of my original £3000 deposit so I’m out now unfortunately - good luck to all with their orders.

Take care All

·
Registered
11 Posts
Whilst I understand that the current world situation is unstable I don’t think Mini UK have handled the scenario very well at all. Why is it that I can walk into an Audi dealership and order the A1 of my choice. I sympathise with Fox1429 and it’s irritating that customers should have to pay additional funds to secure a vehicle that isn’t even their first choice. Mini UK are still inundated with orders and have they have they therefore become complacent. Customers need transparency - Not ifs, buts or maybes. I assume that many others may decide to jump ship

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had the call from my dealer just now.
My car as a build with auto and the new packs would be an additional £2250 on top of my original £3000 deposit so I’m out now unfortunately - good luck to all with their orders.
[/QUOT
Sorry to hear that. Still waiting to hear from my dealer. Is the £2,250 increase after the rumoured £500 contribution from MINI and did she offer any dealer contribution to try to keep your order?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have heard from my dealer and mine came to 2,160 more after the £500 contribution - I had to ask - and no further contributions from the dealer - they just kept the same discount cash value which just cover for the delivery and protect x (asked to be removed and was told the discount would be reduced if so).

In order to keep the same PCP repayment it means an extra 1k deposit on top of the agreed equity on my part-ex.

I was quoted a deliver date in Oct but the paperwork provided with the breakdown states Dec which worries me.

I’m currently still unsure how to proceed as I don’t feel, as others, that we should be paying more for something we didn’t order in 1st place.

Thought this may help others…

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Still waiting to hear from my dealer. Is the £2,250 increase after the rumoured £500 contribution from MINI and did she offer any dealer contribution to try to keep your order?
I was offered an additional £1200 goodwill discount so the extra £2250 was after this so in effect extra £3550 for same monthly payments

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,288 ·
Whilst I understand that the current world situation is unstable I don’t think Mini UK have handled the scenario very well at all. Why is it that I can walk into an Audi dealership and order the A1 of my choice. I sympathise with Fox1429 and it’s irritating that customers should have to pay additional funds to secure a vehicle that isn’t even their first choice. Mini UK are still inundated with orders and have they have they therefore become complacent. Customers need transparency - Not ifs, buts or maybes. I assume that many others may decide to jump ship
It's not easy for mini with the new model being launched imminently though, they were probably expecting demand to drop off but it's been as strong as ever/

·
Registered
81 Posts
To be fair, I got full transparency from my dealer. I just didn't like the answers so I walked.

MINI are basically making as much money as they can for each build slot they have. Good for business in the short term, but very questioanable in the long term as myself and a lot of others will be put off the brand for life.

I would advise anyone with orders in who have been asked to pay more to think very carefully before agreeing. It might be emotionally difficult to let go of the idea of the brand new car you had your heart set on, and £60-£70 a month extra might not seem like the end of the world, but there's a bubble forming that will inevitbaly burst at some point. New car shortages won't be a thing forever, and whilst I know it's a very boring topic cost of living & interest rates are rising fast. Think about how you'd feel about owing £20,000 on a MINI that's worth £14,000, because that could be a very real situation for a lot of people in a few year's time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Had the call from my dealer just now to confirm mine will not meet the cut off for manual production so that’s the end of that.

She also said that while Mini will never confirm officially that manual won’t come back given the restrictions/issues are forecast to last into next year with the new Mini due there aren’t any plans to offer manual on that car so reality is they’re unlikely to ever put it back on as option for a few months even if availability comes back re parts.

Take care All
sorry Fox i got the impression that this may be a deal breaker! i have looked around and looked at the F60 again and ill wait until Oct 22 to turn up then im off somewhere else. i like the inside of the new Astra but the outsides is lacking in style, the problem is i like the look and feel of the Countryman, it suits me?

·
Registered
111 Posts
things must have changed with mini , we ordered ours in October told properly march delivery , got a guaranteed px price , but could get more if it was early or px prices kept rising , asked what happens if the new one goes up , was told we stand it and loose money , car came at quoted deal price in 8 weeks , we got £2000 more for our px , if it was still ordered it would now be canceled due to the changes in the spec , would never have some of the things that you have to have to get the build you want , car would cost £3000 + more and not have adaptive lights , good job we where lucky for once , was a long journey to get the right car and deal , lost one Deposit along the way :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I’ve been give a status code of 150 around a month ago, with a confirmed build week commencing 2nd May. My car is still currently code 150 12th May with a status of ‘scheduled for body shop’ however it’s been set to this status for over a week. I just wondered if anyone else had experienced such a long production status? I have asked the mini genius when it could be expected to be built but they state the car is technically in production. I was under the impression once a car has gone into production, it takes around 3-5 days.
I was given a code of 150 over a month ago too; it'll be 5 weeks on Monday! Checked on Tuesday with MINI Genius who said it was still at 150 but the delivery date had now been moved from next week to the W/C 6 June. Was supposed to go into production about 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was given a code of 150 over a month ago too; it'll be 5 weeks on Monday! Checked on Tuesday with MINI Genius who said it was still at 150 but the delivery date had now been moved from next week to the W/C 6 June. Was supposed to go into production about 2 weeks ago.
Sorry, should note that this is for the VDL Nedcar plant in Holland, I've had a convertible on order since the end of September 2021.

·
Registered
2023 Cooper S 2 Door Hard Top
8 Posts
Wanted to hop in as I am brand new here and wanted to give you all an update on how the wait goes here (doesn't seem half as bad as some others unfortunately are experiencing).

May 9th - ordered a manual 2023 Cooper S 2 door HT (midnight black with white mirrors and white multitone roof, 18" pulse spoke wheels) - a day before they announced the sticks were no lingered offered, so just made it!!

May 12th - received production number and added it to my garage to track it.

Today (May 19th) - got an update that I've entered the production queue! Seems to be moving right along.

Human body Rectangle Font Magenta Handwriting

·
Registered
8 Posts
May 9th - ordered a manual 2023 Cooper S 2 door HT (midnight black with white mirrors and white multitone roof, 18" pulse spoke wheels) - a day before they announced the sticks were no lingered offered, so just made it!!

Today (May 19th) - got an update that I've entered the production queue! Seems to be moving right along.
Wow, that's amazing. Did you order online from Mini USA?
Autocar had the story of Mini abandoning manuals on 2 May so you were really lucky with your order!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow, that's amazing. Did you order online from Mini USA?
Autocar had the story of Mini abandoning manuals on 2 May so you were really lucky with your order!
No - right from the dealer in Bedford, NH. And didn't realize that it was out so early about the manuals! I didn't pick it up until 24 hours after placing my order. I had called him to ask about it and he said they had no official word yet on not putting them through. Later that day, the manuals were taken off the website - but my order seemed to squeak through. So lucky!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did the production number come from the dealer?
Also, has the dealer given you an idea of when delivery will be?
Yeah, number came from him. Had the build number for a day, then the production number came out. He hasn't given me a window yet (and he's off today - grr!). Ha ha - why can't these people work on my schedule? ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
No - right from the dealer in Bedford, NH. And didn't realize that it was out so early about the manuals! I didn't pick it up until 24 hours after placing my order. I had called him to ask about it and he said they had no official word yet on not putting them through. Later that day, the manuals were taken off the website - but my order seemed to squeak through. So lucky!
Wanted to hop in as I am brand new here and wanted to give you all an update on how the wait goes here (doesn't seem half as bad as some others unfortunately are experiencing).

View attachment 78782
Man you’re giving me some hope right now ! Same config as you but still waiting for my dealer to come back to me with official confirmation as wether it’s okay or not.. sometimes it seems impossible, sometimes it feels it might make its way through.. Ordered very early March in France.

2281 - 2300 of 2330 Posts