Mini Cooper Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
2621 - 2640 of 2751 Posts

·
Registered
Mini Cooper S Sport (F56 LCI2)
106 Posts
So I called him - and he's off until Thursday - so need to wait until then. Also contacted Mini USA and they are "going to get back to me." So, it's either on a ship in the middle of the Atlantic, on the docks still, or fell off the docks and is at the bottom of Southampton harbour and no one wants to tell me. Ha ha ha!!
Well no news reports of cars at the bottom of the dock 😁

·
Registered
Mini Cooper S Sport (F56 LCI2)
106 Posts
MiniSailor. Looks great in black - does the paintwork look good i.e free of swirling? My Level 2 Electric is due to be built 4th July and is in black with black exterior pack.
Hi Mark, it is spotless! I had the Autoglym added too (Dealership gave it to me as a freebie) The colour is really great. When you get up close you can see a sparkle to it. No swirling at all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My status updated this evening from “Production Begins” to “Exterior Body Assembly Begins”. Estimated completion is 22 June. Fingers crossed!
And its in the paint booth!
F55 "S" Iconic Trim (heated steering wheel credit)/BRG with black roof/mirrors, Malt interior.

Timeline thus far:​

31 May 2022Order placed Mini of Alexandria (Virginia, USA)
1 June 2022VIN Issued / Production Begins
20 June 2022Body Assembly Begins
21 June 2022In the Paint Booth

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,636 ·
F55 "S" Iconic Trim (heated steering wheel credit)/BRG with black roof/mirrors, Malt interior.

That’s incredibly quick!

·
Registered
67 Posts

Great timeline and many thanks for posting the steps in the process as it makes it easier to manage expectations. My order in uk placed 13 April 2022, current update on scheduling keeps moving but great news for you Derek and maybe some photos to follow of your motor when collection takes place ?

2621 - 2640 of 2751 Posts