Mini Cooper Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
2641 - 2660 of 2751 Posts

·
Registered
2023 Cooper S F56
63 Posts
View attachment 79317
The America Orders being processed so quickly....
Yeah, mine was 30 days from order to port. Now waiting for a boat. I asked MINI on an eta and this was the response (so a wee bit longer):

Our records indicate that your MINI completed production on 6/8/2022 and arrived at the shipping port on 6/9/2022. Your MINI has not yet been assigned to a vessel to make it's way to the USA, but it shouldn't be too much longer before its assigned! This process can take anywhere from 1-3 weeks, as vehicles are assigned to vessels in batches and not as a single unit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
And its in the paint booth!
F55 "S" Iconic Trim (heated steering wheel credit)/BRG with black roof/mirrors, Malt interior.

Timeline thus far:​

31 May 2022Order placed Mini of Alexandria (Virginia, USA)
1 June 2022VIN Issued / Production Begins
20 June 2022Body Assembly Begins
21 June 2022In the Paint Booth
Wow that was fast. Same dealer order placed 18 February, currently in the middle of the Atlantic.
View attachment 79317

Yeah, mine was 30 days from order to port. Now waiting for a boat. I asked MINI on an eta and this was the response (so a wee bit longer):

Our records indicate that your MINI completed production on 6/8/2022 and arrived at the shipping port on 6/9/2022. Your MINI has not yet been assigned to a vessel to make it's way to the USA, but it shouldn't be too much longer before its assigned! This process can take anywhere from 1-3 weeks, as vehicles are assigned to vessels in batches and not as a single unit.
Sorry dude!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great timeline and many thanks for posting the steps in the process as it makes it easier to manage expectations. My order in uk placed 13 April 2022, current update on scheduling keeps moving but great news for you Derek and maybe some photos to follow of your motor when collection takes place ?
Anytime! Its been fun tracking this build -- and Im glad its helped manage others' expectations. I'll definitely post photos once I take delivery! There was actually alot of movement on my build today! Here's my updated timeline:

1 June 2022150: VIN Issued / Production Begins
20 June 2022151: Body Assembly Begins
21 June 2022152: In the Paint Booth
22 June 2022
153: Entering Assembly Line (Updated around 11:12PM Oxford time)
154: Assembly in Progress (Updated around 11:28PM Oxford time)
155: Quality Check (Updated around 11:45PM Oxford time)
Final Assembly Skipped
181: Ready for Transport (Updated around 11:51PM Oxford time)​
23 June 2022182: Awaiting Carrier Assignment (Updated around 2:15AM Oxford time)

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's nuts! I paid the deposit early May. Build was submitted 5/16 I think (sent me a build sheet and asked me to confirm). It's been over a month and no movement - no production number or VIN (as of yesterday).

·
Registered
122 Posts
Anytime! Its been fun tracking this build -- and Im glad its helped manage others' expectations. I'll definitely post photos once I take delivery! There was actually alot of movement on my build today! Here's my updated timeline:

1 June 2022150: VIN Issued / Production Begins
20 June 2022151: Body Assembly Begins
21 June 2022152: In the Paint Booth
22 June 2022
153: Entering Assembly Line (Updated around 11:12PM Oxford time)
154: Assembly in Progress (Updated around 11:28PM Oxford time)
155: Quality Check (Updated around 11:45PM Oxford time)
Final Assembly Skipped
181: Ready for Transport (Updated around 11:51PM Oxford time)​
23 June 2022182: Awaiting Carrier Assignment (Updated around 2:15AM Oxford time)
Wow! How and where from do you get all of this detailed info? :oops:

·
Registered
108 Posts
That's nuts! I paid the deposit early May. Build was submitted 5/16 I think (sent me a build sheet and asked me to confirm). It's been over a month and no movement - no production number or VIN (as of yesterday).
Quite similar here, deposit 18 March, (batch) Production Number 25 March, Status 150 on 12 May, 187 on 27 May. Quick progress compared to our UK and Irish mates, and compared to cars coming from just about every other maker, but crawling compared to @DerekG !! 😂😏😂

·
Registered
17 Posts
What model did you build? I think the stars just aligned perfectly for me. I had a production number on my build sheet when I left the dealership.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What model did you build? I think the stars just aligned perfectly for me. I had a production number on my build sheet when I left the dealership.
lol, a SE Iconic.

I don't personally mind waiting - it's the uncertainty that gets me. With people having their build changed or cancelled, I'm more or less waiting for the same news at this point.

·
Registered
29 Posts
View attachment 79317

oh so there is a fair chance our cars will be leaving at the same time 😁 Did they give you status code when you spoke to them?
Got it 😊!!
Wheel Car Tire Sky Cloud

Cloud Hood Vehicle Aircraft Automotive design

Wheel Car Sky Cloud Tire

2641 - 2660 of 2751 Posts