Mini Cooper Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
2661 - 2680 of 2751 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
In terms of what’s going on with production dates, delivery dates etc the dealers probably know just as much as we do which is not a lot.

Who would want to be a customer or dealer at the moment 😱
I think I’d have a little more sympathy for them if they were just honest about having no further information.
The latest from them is that they’re waiting for parts from the USA and it’s gone back to the factory to have it fitted 🤷🏼‍♀️ But it’s still getting delivered on Monday 😂

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow! How and where from do you get all of this detailed info? :oops:
I monitor the "my garage" tracker (I think it's only available for MiniUSA customers.)

After being stuck at code 182, Mini Genius have now said it's at code 160 and gone back to the factory...:(
That's a real pain! I did a google search, and Code 160 seems like its just another "QC" process? Maybe that means it'll be a rather quick fix? My fingers are crossed for you!

Derek , I no longer think the rest of us can manage our expectations because your experience has set the bar so high 😂.
From what I can tell, my timeline (with the exception of actually entering the "Production Begins" phase, which I'll admit seemed rather fast) is about standard. I did find out that my dealer modified one of their dealer allocations for me, which might be the reason why mine went into production so fast.

My vehicle departed the factory today and is en route to the Southampton port. The updated timeline is below for those interested:

31 May 2022Order placed Mini of Alexandria (Virginia, USA)
1 June 2022150: VIN Issued / Production Begins
20 June 2022151: Body Assembly Begins
21 June 2022152: In the Paint Booth
22 June 2022153: Entering Assembly Line (Updated around 11:12PM Oxford time)
154: Assembly in Progress (Updated around 11:28PM Oxford time)
155: Quality Check (Updated around 11:45PM Oxford time)
Final Assembly Skipped
181: Ready for Transport (Updated around 11:51PM Oxford time)
23 June 2022182: Awaiting Carrier Assignment (Updated around 2:15AM Oxford time)
24 June 2022190: Dispatched from Factory (Updated around 4:00PM Oxford time)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I know mines a F60 and built in another land but that’s the same as someone living in America buying from England. Are we saying the British are more efficient than the Dutch? Or that the Dutch smoke more pot than the British? If mine gets built at the end of September then it’s 12+ months from signature to delivery. Even my Salesman is saying Mini are being naughty if they are making ‘newer’ cars that went up for sale after mine was ordered!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I know mines a F60 and built in another land but that’s the same as someone living in America buying from England. Are we saying the British are more efficient than the Dutch? Or that the Dutch smoke more pot than the British? If mine gets built at the end of September then it’s 12+ months from signature to delivery. Even my Salesman is saying Mini are being naughty if they are making ‘newer’ cars that went up for sale after mine was ordered!
I agree with you in that you should be made aware of the reasons for your timeline being 12 months + from signature. There is no rhyme or reason for you not receiving a straight answer when others can receive a far quicker production/delivery date. Just continue to be persistent until you get to the bottom of it and have exhausted all avenues to better understand your situation. Good luck and much support from here.

2661 - 2680 of 2751 Posts