Mini Cooper Forum banner
2841 - 2860 of 2897 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thank you. And nice! Take her for a long drive!

All down the coast from Maine and NH. 👍 Love those windy coastal roads.
Wow, envy you as I have only been to NY, Boston and Carolinas - when my Mini surfaces ??? will probably try out the Surrey section of the M25 as will develop range anxiety after 100 + miles in my electric car 😂

·
Registered
2023 Cooper S F56
91 Posts
Wow, envy you as I have only been to NY, Boston and Carolinas - when my Mini surfaces ??? will probably try out the Surrey section of the M25 as will develop range anxiety after 100 + miles in my electric car 😂
You're never going to want to leave the car! :) Avoided the highway on the way to work this AM and found every twisty road I could. Took me 2x as long to get here - and so worth it!

·
Registered
174 Posts
You're never going to want to leave the car! :) Avoided the highway on the way to work this AM and found every twisty road I could. Took me 2x as long to get here - and so worth it!
One of the best twisty roads I’ve driven was Route 9 (“The Airline”) across northern Maine from Berwick to Calais. I might plan a drive along it late this summer or early next.

·
Registered
119 Posts
One of the best twisty roads I’ve driven was Route 9 (“The Airline”) across northern Maine from Berwick to Calais. I might plan a drive along it late this summer or early next.
When you decide to drive this route, it would be great if you could share your experience as I for one would be really interested and maybe others as well. Thanks SamesGuy

·
Registered
119 Posts
Great list too - adding to mine. Thank you!
RayCooperS23, could I ask how long it took you to undertake the checklist we both discussed here on your collection day, please. It would be helpful to plan my day when I collect my level 3 and also to know if I missed anything on the list . I know the warranty can be a catch all if need be but I don’t want to be reliant on that several moons later. Perhaps it can help others as well? Thank you. Sushila

·
Registered
2023 Cooper S F56
91 Posts
RayCooperS23, could I ask how long it took you to undertake the checklist we both discussed here on your collection day, please. It would be helpful to plan my day when I collect my level 3 and also to know if I missed anything on the list . I know the warranty can be a catch all if need be but I don’t want to be reliant on that several moons later. Perhaps it can help others as well? Thank you. Sushila
I spent about 30 minutes going around the car, checking everything out. Opening and closing all the doors, boot, bonnet (used the UK terms for you guys here, lol). Took it for a spin and listened for rattles. Checked all the interior lights and that the gps was accurate. Adjusted mirrors, seats on passenger and driver side. Those were a couple things I didn’t think of until I was sitting there.

Only annoyance is the central screen dims when lighting changes. Read that can be over ridden with Bimmer Codes and might give that a go. Everything else is aces.

Also added the ceramic coating. Expensive, but really wanted to preserve this paint job as it’s so perfect. Only took an hour and protects rims as well and gives the windscreen an anti glare coating too. ($1700 US).

·
Registered
119 Posts
I spent about 30 minutes going around the car, checking everything out. Opening and closing all the doors, boot, bonnet (used the UK terms for you guys here, lol). Took it for a spin and listened for rattles. Checked all the interior lights and that the gps was accurate. Adjusted mirrors, seats on passenger and driver side. Those were a couple things I didn’t think of until I was sitting there.

Only annoyance is the central screen dims when lighting changes. Read that can be over ridden with Bimmer Codes and might give that a go. Everything else is aces.

Also added the ceramic coating. Expensive, but really wanted to preserve this paint job as it’s so perfect. Only took an hour and protects rims as well and gives the windscreen an anti glare coating too. ($1700 US).
Thank you so much for taking the time to update us all rayCooperS23. I can tell you are enjoying the new motor 😀. Good to know you are familiar with our UK terminology 😂

2841 - 2860 of 2897 Posts