Mini Cooper Forum banner
2861 - 2880 of 2897 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Three months after paying my deposit, my dealer has confirmed my order!
Just to be sure, I've checked with the Mini online chat service who have told me my order is at code 111 with a build date of late November.
An incredibly frustrating period obviously not helped by Mini removing the manual transmission and throwing all the option lists up into the air!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Three months after paying my deposit, my dealer has confirmed my order!
Just to be sure, I've checked with the Mini online chat service who have told me my order is at code 111 with a build date of late November.
An incredibly frustrating period obviously not helped by Mini removing the manual transmission and throwing all the option lists up into the air!
I’ve also had a conversation with my dealer today and got my production number. Also at status 111 & build currently scheduled for week 40, so still a couple of months away and obviously that could change for better or worse in the coming weeks.

So five months in from initial order and then all the changes that happened in May but still hanging on in there 😁

Fingers crossed for us all 🤞

·
Registered
49 Posts
from what i understand code 111 is build accepted, amendments still accepted and a rough build date. I am now code 112 with a firmer date wk38 (end of September) any amendments now will make it code 105 and then restart the clock at code 111. Mine already went 112 in Feb for March 9th build but when the Russians attacked Ukraine it went code 105 and then code 111 again on the 23rd March, its now settled as Wk38 build

Had the call from my dealer just now to confirm mine will not meet the cut off for manual production so that’s the end of that.

She also said that while Mini will never confirm officially that manual won’t come back given the restrictions/issues are forecast to last into next year with the new Mini due there aren’t any plans to offer manual on that car so reality is they’re unlikely to ever put it back on as option for a few months even if availability comes back re parts.

My car as a build with auto and the new packs would be an additional £2250 on top of my original £3000 deposit so I’m out now unfortunately - good luck to all with their orders.

Take care All
I’ve also had a conversation with my dealer today and got my production number. Also at status 111 & build currently scheduled for week 40, so still a couple of months away and obviously that could change for better or worse in the coming weeks.

So five months in from initial order and then all the changes that happened in May but still hanging on in there 😁

Fingers crossed for us all 🤞

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would say the dates Mini are currently conveying are realistic. Ordered my Mini on the 4th December 2021. Due to be completed at the end of February 2022.

February became March then April and then May. The beginning of May brought bad news. I had to forgo my specification and as we all know Mini simplified the specification process. After agreeing my new specification the order went out to October but quickly came forward to the end of July.

Actual build was completed on the 26th July. The car is presently at 190 and hopefully should be at the dealer on the 15th August.

So the whole process from ordering to delivery would be a little over 8 months. There are some on here would have hit the 9 months.

Frustrating yes. I do not understand the ordering process. To us it is not logical but to Mini who are trying to build cars it must be.

For me I can see the end. Nothing can go wrong at this stage surely!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would say the dates Mini are currently conveying are realistic. Ordered my Mini on the 4th December 2021. Due to be completed at the end of February 2022.

February became March then April and then May. The beginning of May brought bad news. I had to forgo my specification and as we all know Mini simplified the specification process. After agreeing my new specification the order went out to October but quickly came forward to the end of July.

Actual build was completed on the 26th July. The car is presently at 190 and hopefully should be at the dealer on the 15th August.

So the whole process from ordering to delivery would be a little over 8 months. There are some on here would have hit the 9 months.

Frustrating yes. I do not understand the ordering process. To us it is not logical but to Mini who are trying to build cars it must be.

I completely agree I ordered my car beginning on Nov , for delivery for Feb then became May then was built in June and apparently been sitting at docks since beginning of July was due to delivered on the 20th of this month! Still in the docks in Belgium getting very frustrated now ! I feel everybodys pain !!

·
Registered
49 Posts

I completely agree I ordered my car beginning on Nov , for delivery for Feb then became May then was built in June and apparently been sitting at docks since beginning of July was due to delivered on the 20th of this month! Still in the docks in Belgium getting very frustrated now ! I feel everybodys pain !!
I can’t agree with this! I put pen to paper 3rd October 2021, they sent it in on the 4th, it was accepted 20th October 2021. Cutting things short it’s now due to be built wk38 (end of September) late October delivery, making 13 months, that’s if it happens then! All it can be put down to is ‘high spec’ lots of chips.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I can’t agree with this! I put pen to paper 3rd October 2021, they sent it in on the 4th, it was accepted 20th October 2021. Cutting things short it’s now due to be built wk38 (end of September) late October delivery, making 13 months, that’s if it happens then! All it can be put down to is ‘high spec’ lots of chips.
13 months seems excessive. Could it be down to the dealership’s allocations? Would be interesting to have the reason behind the build time frame. In May when Mini simplified packages and those caught up in that process had some hard decisions to make, the concern was I would lose my build position. My dealership were on the case straight away And I kept my place in the queue. I know some customers couldn’t make their minds up in what to do, one can understand, and therefore lost their build date. I do hope you get the car sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
29 Posts
In May when Mini simplified packages and those caught up in that process had some hard decisions to make, the concern was I would lose my build position. My dealership were on the case straight away And I kept my place in the queue. I know some customers couldn’t make their minds up in what to do, one can understand, and therefore lost their build date.
I was initially told by my dealer that my order placed in mid April had been accepted by Mini. Then in May was told that as a result of the changes, it had been cancelled and they were battling with Mini over the replacement order and the pricing.
I thought about cancelling and researched some manual alternatives (Suzuki Swift Sport and Mazda 2 GT Sport Tech). But waited to see how it played out and am quite happy now with the outcome, including the discounts.
Incidentally, the list of standard options in the detailed spec from the dealer now includes 5AS Driving Assistant which wasn't there before. Any ideas? (This is on a Cooper Classic with Premium Plus Pack.)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Incidentally, the list of standard options in the detailed spec from the dealer now includes 5AS Driving Assistant which wasn't there before. Any ideas? (This is on a Cooper Classic with Premium Plus Pack.)
Interesting as I thought this was only added for premium plus pack on JCW models and the current price list confirms this

·
Registered
29 Posts
Interesting as I thought this was only added for premium plus pack on JCW models and the current price list confirms this
That's right. And what's more puzzling is that the spec from the dealer doesn't show it in the Premium Plus pack listing but within the list of Standard Options for the car
Dealer also sent a link to a video and photos which are auto generated based on the car's specification. You can see the Driving Assistant switch next to the hazard switch at the top of the centre touchscreen.
I'd be surprised, but pleased, to get this.

·
Registered
210 Posts
That's right. And what's more puzzling is that the spec from the dealer doesn't show it in the Premium Plus pack listing but within the list of Standard Options for the car
Dealer also sent a link to a video and photos which are auto generated based on the car's specification. You can see the Driving Assistant switch next to the hazard switch at the top of the centre touchscreen.
I'd be surprised, but pleased, to get this.
Just wondering if Mini have added it as standard now because from 6th July all new vehicles sold in EU countries have to have Intelligent Speed Assistance (ISA) technology. The UK government have not confirmed if that technology is required here in the UK. However, it makes sense for Mini to make it standard across all cars.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just wondering if Mini have added it as standard now because from 6th July all new vehicles sold in EU countries have to have Intelligent Speed Assistance (ISA) technology. The UK government have not confirmed if that technology is required here in the UK. However, since most cars made in Europe are sold in the UK too, just with right-hand drive, it makes sense for Mini to make it standard across all cars.
That's very interesting, thanks.
Found this article:

·
Registered
210 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
13 months seems excessive. Could it be down to the dealership’s allocations? Would be interesting to have the reason behind the build time frame. In May when Mini simplified packages and those caught up in that process had some hard decisions to make, the concern was I would lose my build position. My dealership were on the case straight away And I kept my place in the queue. I know some customers couldn’t make their minds up in what to do, one can understand, and therefore lost their build date. I do hope you get the car sooner rather than later.
It was accepted on the 20th October 2021, In Feb it went code 112 but the the Russians invaded Ukraine (wiring harnesses) and mine went code 105 and then code 111 again on the 23rd March, its now 112 again. At first i thought the dealer had sole mine on for more money (mines on Motability so price is fixed to October 21) but they have sent me the computer print outs. a similar car to mine as been delivered to Australia (taking on facebook site) 11 months delivery? if its put back again (i now have the works order number) something will have to give!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks, I’ve just be reading that as well. I guess we will have to wait and see what comes when our cars arrive.
Looking on line, my extras list is spread across both addons and reflects Exclusive, Nav+ and Comf. So I'm getting pre change only except for the loss of heads up display, inelegant cruse control and im not sure about concierge service or sim, Alexa etc. there is no mention of ISA

·
Registered
113 Posts
I know there’s other threads but thought I’d share that in my first 200 miles of normal driving (mostly B roads in the valleys - sensible plus a bit of ‘working’ through the rev range) averaging 41mpg which is crazy given the performance. Had a golf R - 28mpg, Leon Cupra - 31mpg over same roads etc previously plus they were low mileage used so engines bedded in - really pleased. Took it easy in green on 25 mile work commute and got 48mpg

·
Registered
228 Posts
Update on my '23 JCW. Picked up in late June after it arrived, and I just sold it back to the dealer. Just didn't click with it in the end but money well spent finding out. It is a fun little thing when you want it to be but wasn't going to work for me as a daily.

I don't know what the forum rules are, but I can post a link to their site somewhere once I see it pop up for sale. 330 miles on it. (Oh and its manual.) Good opportunity for someone to get something you can't get right now that's basically showroom new. (East Coast US anyway)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mini have altered the spec of my car and put the price up but it seems that the price hike can be lost in the wash? Instead of a Mini Countryman Cooper S Exclusive Nav+ and Comf, I’m getting a MC C S E Performance. I’ve lost a few things and from what I can tell I’ve gained nothing - for more money. So me being me I asked the question, ‘now this is sorted, will I get my car any quicker?’, but but but now listen it seems wk beginning 19th Sept build is getting stronger. So delivery last week in October?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mini have altered the spec of my car and put the price up but it seems that the price hike can be lost in the wash? Instead of a Mini Countryman Cooper S Exclusive Nav+ and Comf, I’m getting a MC C S E Performance. I’ve lost a few things and from what I can tell I’ve gained nothing - for more money. So me being me I asked the question, ‘now this is sorted, will I get my car any quicker?’, but but but now listen it seems wk beginning 19th Sept build is getting stronger. So delivery last week in October?
Hope you get a lovely surprise and the delivery is sooner. If I were a betting person I think you will get it before end of October.

2861 - 2880 of 2897 Posts