Mini Cooper Forum banner
2881 - 2897 of 2897 Posts

·
Registered
"Wheezer" - 2023 MCS Chili Red (in transit)
2 Posts
I feel rather fortunate after hearing some of the stories from UK members here. I have a Chili Red 2023 MCS en route aboard Brooklands, currently scheduled to dock in Baltimore sometime tomorrow (8/6/2022 - forum member DerekG has his MINI on the same voyage, and as far as I can tell ours was built the same day). I placed my order on June 1 and was frankly surprised to see such a fast turnaround. While I'm looking forward to taking delivery, I also hope that they can get you folks in the UK squared away soon.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I feel rather fortunate after hearing some of the stories from UK members here. I have a Chili Red 2023 MCS en route aboard Brooklands, currently scheduled to dock in Baltimore sometime tomorrow (8/6/2022 - forum member DerekG has his MINI on the same voyage, and as far as I can tell ours was built the same day). I placed my order on June 1 and was frankly surprised to see such a fast turnaround. While I'm looking forward to taking delivery, I also hope that they can get you folks in the UK squared away soon.
what can a Brit say other than a thank you for your empathy, somehow we will whinge our way through it with a stiff upper lip 😖. I can’t of course speak for all Brits because although I was born here I have, let’s say a lot in common with the rest of the world 🌎

·
Registered
29 Posts
what can a Brit say other than a thank you for your empathy, somehow we will whinge our way through it with a stiff upper lip 😖. I can’t of course speak for all Brits because although I was born here I have, let’s say a lot in common with the rest of the world 🌎
My Dad once told me that his father ordered a new Austin A40 in 1946 and had to wait 5 years for delivery!
Priority was being given to overseas orders under the post-War government export policy.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well I heard from the dealer that I sold my JCW back to, so if anyone on the east coast of the US is looking for a well-optioned 2023 manual JCW that's for sale and ready for pick-up with 300 miles on it, it's on their site now. DM me and I'll give you a link, don't wanna break any forum rules (if there is one against posting that?) No relation to the dealer, just be cool if an enthusiast bought it. Pictures in my thread: Order is in for '23 JCW. New to the platform, finally.

·
Registered
26 Posts
After almost a week of port delays, my mini finally made it to Baltimore on 7 July. Dealer estimates it will be ready for pick-up either Friday or Saturday (7/12 or 7/13) Fingers Crossed. It will all depend on how long it takes the BMW Distribution Center to get it on a carrier! Updated spreadsheet below!

31 May 2022Order placed Mini of Alexandria (Virginia, USA)
1 June 2022150: VIN Issued / Production Begins
20 June 2022151: Body Assembly Begins
21 June 2022152: In the Paint Booth
22 June 2022153: Entering Assembly Line
154: Assembly in Progress
155: Quality Check
Final Assembly Skipped
181: Ready for Transport
23 June 2022182: Awaiting Carrier Assignment
24 June 2022190: Dispatched from Factory
25 June 2022193: At the Port (Updated 25 June - MiniUSA confirmed it arrived 24 June)
21 July 2022195: In Transit (Updated 21 July - MiniUSA confirmed it actually shipped on Brooklands Vessel 15 Jul)
08 Aug 2022193: At the Port (Baltimore-Sparrows Point)

·
Registered
45 Posts
My Mini has landed - in Southampton.

So from ordering to taking delivery of my Countryman will be 8 months 15 days. Two changes to my original specification, one minor and one major. Plenty of frustration. Buying a car should be an enjoyable experience and I do hope normal service resumes soon. Good luck to all the customers waiting on their orders. The Mini in its different shapes and sizes is a brilliant car to drive. While many cars are boring to drive the Mini is not.

Over the years I have purchased the 3-door hard top, Clubman and now the Countryman. All of them are great to drive. The 3 door hard top is a lovely car, however, there is no way I can fit Indy in one. The Clubman is a fine car, fun to drive and would recommend it. Thought I give the Countryman a go. I hope the post gives a glimpse into ithe waiting times for the UK market at present.

·
Registered
210 Posts
My Mini has landed - in Southampton.

So from ordering to taking delivery of my Countryman will be 8 months 15 days. Two changes to my original specification, one minor and one major. Plenty of frustration. Buying a car should be an enjoyable experience and I do hope normal service resumes soon. Good luck to all the customers waiting on their orders. The Mini in its different shapes and sizes is a brilliant car to drive. While many cars are boring to drive the Mini is not.

Over the years I have purchased the 3-door hard top, Clubman and now the Countryman. All of them are great to drive. The 3 door hard top is a lovely car, however, there is no way I can fit Indy in one. The Clubman is a fine car, fun to drive and would recommend it. Thought I give the Countryman a go. I hope the post gives a glimpse into ithe waiting times for the UK market at present.
Oh how exciting at long last. Won't be long now before your enjoying your new Countryman 😀

I ordered my Countryman S back in March and also been hit by various changes. So 5 months in and anticipated wait at least another 3 months. To be honest the wait was killing me and my current Countryman needs servicing, mot, tax and re-financing all before my new car arrives.

Then this morning a saw a car popup for sale on stock.mini.co.uk at my local dealership. It wasn't my ideal spec but I thought sod it I can't wait anymore. Got to dealer just gone 9am and saw them driving it round the back and I thought NOOOOOOO someone else had beaten me to it 😢 Went into dealership and to my delight it was still available so deal all done and pickup on Friday 😀😀😀

·
Registered
45 Posts
Oh how exciting at long last. Won't be long now before your enjoying your new Countryman 😀

I ordered my Countryman S back in March and also been hit by various changes. So 5 months in and anticipated wait at least another 3 months. To be honest the wait was killing me and my current Countryman needs servicing, mot, tax and re-financing all before my new car arrives.

Then this morning a saw a car popup for sale on stock.mini.co.uk at my local dealership. It wasn't my ideal spec but I thought sod it I can't wait anymore. Got to dealer just gone 9am and saw them driving it round the back and I thought NOOOOOOO someone else had beaten me to it 😢 Went into dealership and to my delight it was still available so deal all done and pickup on Friday 😀😀😀
Congratulations. Seems the new configurations Mini brought in (May 2022) are finding their way to the customers now. Well done on finding a available car.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Oh how exciting at long last. Won't be long now before your enjoying your new Countryman

Then this morning a saw a car popup for sale on stock.mini.co.uk at my local dealership. It wasn't my ideal spec but I thought sod it I can't wait anymore. Got to dealer just gone 9am and saw them driving it round the back and I thought NOOOOOOO someone else had beaten me to it Went into dealership and to my delight it was still available so deal all done and pickup on Friday
Good work, enjoy collection

·
Registered
26 Posts
After 72 Days from Order to Deliver, I finally picked up my new Mini today! My final production timeline is below!

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Cloud

Car Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle

Land vehicle Mirror Car Vehicle Gear shift

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Final Assembly Skipped
25 June 2022193: At the Port (Updated 25 June - MiniUSA confirmed it arrived 24 June)
21 July 2022195: In Transit (Updated 21 July - MiniUSA confirmed it actually shipped on Brooklands Vessel 15 Jul)
10 Aug 2022Arrived at Dealer (Mini of Alexandria)
11 Aug 2022Pick Up Day!!!

·
Registered
MINI Electric Camden 2023
9 Posts
How lucky you are in the USA. If we get our MINI on the now known delivery week we will have to wait 226 days. Frankly, I expect this to be pushed back even further.

The next MINI I will order in the USA...after delivery we will do a roadtrip through the USA for 3 months and then ship it to the Netherlands. I think we will still be within the current waiting times that apply in Europe. ;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
After 72 Days from Order to Deliver, I finally picked up my new Mini today! My final production timeline is below!

View attachment 80168
View attachment 80169
Final Assembly Skipped

10 Aug 2022Arrived at Dealer (Mini of Alexandria)

11 Aug 2022Pick Up Day!!!
Great colour choice and combination. I am not just saying it because mine is BRG and black combo for roof and wing mirrors ☺ Enjoy DerekG. When or if mine arrives I now know it will look great as shown by yours

·
Registered
49 Posts
Great colour choice and combination. I am not just saying it because mine is BRG and black combo for roof and wing mirrors ☺ Enjoy DerekG. When or if mine arrives I now know it will look great as shown by yours
I’m in good company, mines BRG silver/grey external trim 19” (turn spike?) wheels, black mini yours interior with illuminated silver dash. That’s if I ever get it?

2881 - 2897 of 2897 Posts