Mini Cooper Forum banner
321 - 340 of 485 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
All good and valid reasons! I have gone heated windscreen, personally find that so much more useful than heated steering wheel. Just my personal
Opinion of course
I was tempted by a heated screen but try to avoid early starts so wouldn’t have much use for it. I have also read some comments about the elements being visible in some light conditions and I think I would find that annoying.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 ·
QUOTE="Fivetones, post: 858126, member: 70456"]
At what point this winter will industrial power cuts affect production of UK cars?
Probably the week before mine gets made just to push it back even further!
[/QUOTE]
I am thinking of the delay as a ‘Patience Premium’. Those of us with nearly new cars are getting astonishing offers locked into agreements from the dealers because so many buyers are not prepared to wait. Add to that the price rises that are very likely to be coming down the line because of inflation/interest rate rises/weakening UK economy, the Patience Premium seems a price worth paying.
[/QUOTE]

For the 1st time ever I'm coming to the end of a lease so I'm not able to capitalise on the value of my current car. It goes back in early January so if I get any more delays I'm going to be in a situation.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Probably the week before mine gets made just to push it back even further!
I am thinking of the delay as a ‘Patience Premium’. Those of us with nearly new cars are getting astonishing offers locked into agreements from the dealers because so many buyers are not prepared to wait. Add to that the price rises that are very likely to be coming down the line because of inflation/interest rate rises/weakening UK economy, the Patience Premium seems a price worth paying.
[/QUOTE]

For the 1st time ever I'm coming to the end of a lease so I'm not able to capitalise on the value of my current car. It goes back in early January so if I get any more delays I'm going to be in a situation.
[/QUOTE]
Will they not extend the lease?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm not sure I should be posting updates in this thread as my car has been made (since July) but still not delivered due to missing parts. But, I just spoke to the manager of the dealership I ordered my car from and had what might be seen as some positive news - I'm not going to hold my breath though. He told me that they received a technical update from BMW last week with instructions on what needs to be done to retrofit the correct h/k amplifier in to the vehicles that are missing them. He says they don't usually receive this kind of information unless the parts are due or expected to be with the dealers very soon. He's contacting them again to see if there are any further updates on when they can expect the amps and will hopefully be in touch "very soon" to let me know when I can collect my car. I'm not going to get too excited just yet but there may well be a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel for me.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 ·
I'm not sure I should be posting updates in this thread as my car has been made (since July) but still not delivered due to missing parts. But, I just spoke to the manager of the dealership I ordered my car from and had what might be seen as some positive news - I'm not going to hold my breath though. He told me that they received a technical update from BMW last week with instructions on what needs to be done to retrofit the correct h/k amplifier in to the vehicles that are missing them. He says they don't usually receive this kind of information unless the parts are due or expected to be with the dealers very soon. He's contacting them again to see if there are any further updates on when they can expect the amps and will hopefully be in touch "very soon" to let me know when I can collect my car. I'm not going to get too excited just yet but there may well be a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel for me.
Absolutely, you're still waiting so please keep posting.

Great news on some potential progress with yours. Mini are staring to build cars with HK now (limited to select models) so the parts must be staring to filter through.

Getting nearer that light at the end of the tunnel!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been waiting since the second week of August. I know they were on shutdown for a while, and then with the shipping issues here in the states, who knows how long it'll take?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Our convertible Cooper ordered end of July is allegedly going into build wk43 (wc 25th Oct) with delivery expected wk46 (wc 15th Nov)

Seen people mention getting updates from Mini Genius, does anyone have a link, googled it but it just takes me to a page of FAQ's with no obvious chat function to talk to someone

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·
Go to the mini homepage and click the blue circle bottom right. Just give it a couple of seconds to show. If you tell them your order number they will help.

Done my weekly check in and the estimate is now a week earlier w/c 13th December.

I asked when the order was placed and they said early June. Frustratingly I paid my deposit on 18th May so the dealer sat on my order for a couple or weeks

·
Registered
435 Posts
Go to the mini homepage and click the blue circle bottom right. Just give it a couple of seconds to show. If you tell them your order number they will help.

Done my weekly check in and the estimate is now a week earlier w/c 13th December.

I asked when the order was placed and they said early June. Frustratingly I paid my deposit on 18th May so the dealer sat on my order for a couple or weeks
Positive it moved forward a week, frustrating order not placed when you thought but maybe down to when they “accept” orders. A mate has ordered a few weeks back, but order can only go in end of Oct once allocations released

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #332 ·
Positive it moved forward a week, frustrating order not placed when you thought but maybe down to when they “accept” orders. A mate has ordered a few weeks back, but order can only go in end of Oct once allocations released
It would be great to get it during the Christmas holiday but we'll see. I'm happy with the wait provided I get the spec I've ordered. If I lose things because of shortages then I'll be annoyed.

I've not been wasting my time though and I've got a few mods ready to go:
  • OEM black beltline
  • OEM stubby aerial
  • OEM weighted wheel centers
  • Funfob slim key surround
  • Kill all wipers rear wiper delete
  • SCP wireless charging shelf
  • Full audison audio upgrade with sound deadening
The pile of bits is getting too big to hide now!

·
Registered
25 Posts
It would be great to get it during the Christmas holiday but we'll see. I'm happy with the wait provided I get the spec I've ordered. If I lose things because of shortages then I'll be annoyed.

I've not been wasting my time though and I've got a few mods ready to go:
  • OEM black beltline
  • OEM stubby aerial
  • OEM weighted wheel centers
  • Funfob slim key surround
  • Kill all wipers rear wiper delete
  • SCP wireless charging shelf
  • Full audison audio upgrade with sound deadening
The pile of bits is getting too big to hide now!
im surprised you didnt spec it with the black beltline rather than fit yourself

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #334 ·
im surprised you didnt spec it with the black beltline rather than fit yourself
It wasn't an option when I ordered mine unfortunately. The kit was only £250 including delivery, I don't know how much it is to option on a new car?

·
Registered
25 Posts
It wasn't an option when I ordered mine unfortunately. The kit was only £250 including delivery, I don't know how much it is to option on a new car?
Ordered my wifes in late july and it was an option then,
ZBL Piano Black Beltline Finisher £375 (plus vat)
I priced it up from mini parts and would of worked out more expensive to do myself so it seems youve got that at a good price, is that an oem beltline kit ?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #336 ·
Ordered my wifes in late july and it was an option then,
ZBL Piano Black Beltline Finisher £375 (plus vat)
I priced it up from mini parts and would of worked out more expensive to do myself so it seems youve got that at a good price, is that an oem beltline kit ?
Wow thats quite a big difference, I dont mind the faff of doing the installation so I'm glad I just got the parts. It's a full oem kit that I bought from Rybrook Stratford. One of the guys that works there is on the F56 facebook group and posted about having them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all 👋 new to the forum and thought I’d share with you my order journey…

Ordered a hatch JCW mid June, 2 weeks later received ‘order placed’ and ‘scheduled for production’ status update with expected delivery early October. Had no updates from the dealer between July-October but did use the mini chat and date always stayed fixed at W/C 18th October (wk 42).
Received phone call yesterday and expected delivery is Thursday/Friday with collection on Sunday - so pretty much bang on what they said!

Fingers crossed no delays in the meantime (!!)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #338 ·
Hi all 👋 new to the forum and thought I’d share with you my order journey…

Ordered a hatch JCW mid June, 2 weeks later received ‘order placed’ and ‘scheduled for production’ status update with expected delivery early October. Had no updates from the dealer between July-October but did use the mini chat and date always stayed fixed at W/C 18th October (wk 42).
Received phone call yesterday and expected delivery is Thursday/Friday with collection on Sunday - so pretty much bang on what they said!

Fingers crossed no delays in the meantime (!!)
You’ve done well. What spec did you order?

·
Registered
2021 F56 Cooper SE Level 2
82 Posts
Not wishing to be smug, but I am no longer waiting for a MINI to be made. :cool::p
2.5 months order-to-collection, MINI Cooper SE L2. The salesman said mine was an anomaly though - some people have had their November deliveries postponed until February! :oops:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #340 ·
Not wishing to be smug, but I am no longer waiting for a MINI to be made. :cool::p
2.5 months order-to-collection, MINI Cooper SE L2. The salesman said mine was an anomaly though - some people have had their November deliveries postponed until February! :oops:
You have every right to be smug, congratulations!

321 - 340 of 485 Posts