Mini Cooper Forum banner
361 - 380 of 485 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ordered my 3-door Oxford Edition in May, received a VIN in early June with a scheduled production date of last week of July. Knew delivery would be 'iffy' with the annual plant shutdown.

Called customer service today. They rolled out the "computer chip shortage is affecting automotive production across the globe" meme. I know that! They could not give me an estimate for when my car might be built.

I was initially impressed with the tracking features on the App, but after 9 weeks the status remains as follows:

PRODUCTION BEGINS
Today's the day! Your MINI has entered the production queue.

I have an extensive background in the business jet world as it relates to production scheduling. We did not always make our production dates, but we had accurate and timely information to pass on to our customers on a real-time basis.

"Patience is a virtue, etc............"
13 OCTOBER 2021 UPDATE

I quit trying to track progress on the App after months of no progress, but low-and-behold the car status jumped about 11 spots on the tracker during the first week of October to "At The Port."

So the car was apparently produced sometime in late September and is awaiting trans-Atlantic shipment from England to Georgia. No estimated time of sailing. Dealer says it could takes weeks and weeks.

"Patience remains a virtue, etc..............."

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hey guys, I am in the USA so how do I use the genius? Ordered my 2 door Oxford June 1st and it’s been in status 112 for about a month now. Hoping to get it by Christmas but not sure that’s gonna happen!
Mini home page, blue chat in bottom right and enter details and order number or VIN if you have one yet

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys, I am in the USA so how do I use the genius? Ordered my 2 door Oxford June 1st and it’s been in status 112 for about a month now. Hoping to get it by Christmas but not sure that’s gonna happen!
Hello SK4102,

I am also in the USA could not find the genius link that our European brethren kept talking about.

Once the dealer gives you an order/confirmation number, the Mini factory will eventually translate that into a VIN. Your dealer should be able to provide you with the VIN.

Once a VIN has been established, you can track it through the following website: mygarage.miniusa.com.

You will have to create a user account on this website, but once established you can get into a submenu called "track-my-mini"

This tracking App has about 16 potential stages ranging from "Order Received" to "At The Dealership"

There are no dates associated with the stages so it requires a near-daily update to see if your Mini is moving through production.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Go to Mini.co.uk and click on the icon in the image. Then select ‘Start Live Chat’ and follow instructions. You will need to do this during operating hours and have your order number to hand.
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Liver Companion dog

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've just had a call from the manager of the dealership where I ordered my car from to let me know that the h/k amp is on it's way to them. Apparently it's plug and play fix so only a matter of minutes to do. He's going to get the salesman that I had been dealing with to give me a call with a choice of number plates so they can get it registered and have it valeted (properly I hope) and I should be able to pick it up some time next week.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I've just had a call from the manager of the dealership where I ordered my car from to let me know that the h/k amp is on it's way to them. Apparently it's plug and play fix so only a matter of minutes to do. He's going to get the salesman that I had been dealing with to give me a call with a choice of number plates so they can get it registered and have it valeted (properly I hope) and I should be able to pick it up some time next week.
Very good news mate, finally

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #369 ·
Congratulations, it's been a very long wait for you!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congrats! Is a choice of plates still a thing?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #372 ·
Status on my order has changed to 1200. Does this mean I can find out if it will come with digital dash now? Build week is now w/c 25.10.2021, Mini chat unable to tell me estimated delivery to dealer
I don't think it's possible to find out until after it's built but it won't be long now. From what I've seen it takes a maximum of 2 weeks from manufacture to delivery.

·
Registered
435 Posts
According to the salesman and manager at the dealership I've used. They said they'll send me a block of registrations and I can take my pick.
Fair enough. I asked about that ( block list) but my dealer said they weren’t doing that anymore. Maybe because so few cars are coming through they don’t have a list

·
Registered
230 Posts
Fair enough. I asked about that ( block list) but my dealer said they weren’t doing that anymore. Maybe because so few cars are coming through they don’t have a list
I Got a list of about 10 registration numbers from my dealer to choose from

·
Registered
230 Posts
Status on my order has changed to 1200. Does this mean I can find out if it will come with digital dash now? Build week is now w/c 25.10.2021, Mini chat unable to tell me estimated delivery to dealer
i think most are now coming as standard with a digital dash, mini came about 5 weeks ago with it on & my sister pcked up hers last week and that had one on as well

·
Registered
4 Posts
Clubman JCW ordered mid June, originally due beginning of September which very quickly moved to end of September, then mid October, then beginning of November, yesterday that slipped back to mid November. Can anyone see a pattern emerging here🤔?

Hasn’t been all bad though, the dealership gave us a Countryman plug in hybrid for a week which was changed to a Cooper S Clubman last week which we’ll probably have until the JCW arrives.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i think most are now coming as standard with a digital dash, mini came about 5 weeks ago with it on & my sister pcked up hers last week and that had one on as well
Good to hear :) having spent a fortune on upgrades it would good to at least have the latest spec.

361 - 380 of 485 Posts