Mini Cooper Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi!

First post on here.

We ordered a replacement for my wife's ageing R56 (2011 3dr One that we've had since new) on the 31st of May, with an expected delivery date of 24th July.

Just off the phone with the dealer, John Clark of Aberdeen, to be told that the car is now not likely to be built until September, with a delivery in October.

It's a 3dr Cooper S Exclusive in Rooftop Grey over Malt Brown leather with a manual box, 18" Pulse wheels and panoramic roof - no other options - certainly none that i thought would have given us issues with semi conductors reported with HK Stereo / digital cockpit etc.

Interesting that @242DOW 's build slot was honoured - would be interested in how the factory is prioritising builds just now.
Nice step up from the One, sounds a nice spec. Hopefully things move for you on the delivery

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just to (nearly) finish off my ordering and delivery experience, the car arrived at the dealers on Thursday 15th, and it’s being delivered to us on Tuesday 20th. Just over 2 months end to end for a L3 Mini Electric - but that involves hunting for a dealer with a good build slot. Good luck everyone else waiting 🤞

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just to (nearly) finish off my ordering and delivery experience, the car arrived at the dealers on Thursday 15th, and it’s being delivered to us on Tuesday 20th. Just over 2 months end to end for a L3 Mini Electric - but that involves hunting for a dealer with a good build slot. Good luck everyone else waiting
Nice one So what home charger did you go for out of interest?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice one So what home charger did you go for out of interest?
Not decided yet, recommendations appreciated. Hoping the electrician coming out at the end of the month can grasp our slightly complex set-up and come up with a plan! Thinking about maybe future proofing with a dual charge point as off to test drive a Q4 Etron today.

·
Registered
157 Posts
so just checked with mini via the mini uk website how my order was progressing. They told me it has been allocated a chassis number & its estimated delivery is 12th September. Which appears to have slipped by a month, its possibly slipped by a week & i know the factory closes for a few weeks in August. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to go into production once chassis number has been allocated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice step up from the One, sounds a nice spec. Hopefully things move for you on the delivery
Yeah, it will be a nice step up from her current car if we actually get it….

Point of note, I had a call from the sales manager on Friday to say that our order has actually been pushed back further than previously advised - Order placed tail end of May with a July production slot now scheduled for production in Week 42, Delivery in Week 44 - W/C 1st Nov 😫

We were advised as well as the 2 week shut down in August, Mini haven’t sold as many Electrics as anticipated, the factory is sitting on an abundance of inventory to build these out, whilst struggling with suppliers / parts for I.C.E models so priority goes to Electric for the time being. Thoroughly disappointing.

Mini are apparently offering those affected by the delays £300 compensation to be used against purchase price, servicing or accessories.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah, it will be a nice step up from her current car if we actually get it….

Point of note, I had a call from the sales manager on Friday to say that our order has actually been pushed back further than previously advised - Order placed tail end of May with a July production slot now scheduled for production in Week 42, Delivery in Week 44 - W/C 1st Nov 😫

We were advised as well as the 2 week shut down in August, Mini haven’t sold as many Electrics as anticipated, the factory is sitting on an abundance of inventory to build these out, whilst struggling with suppliers / parts for I.C.E models so priority goes to Electric for the time being. Thoroughly disappointing.

Mini are apparently offering those affected by the delays £300 compensation to be used against purchase price, servicing or accessories.
Ordered a Cooper Sport F56 mid May with an estimated late July build / early August delivery, received a 'Scheduled for Production' email June 12th (no updates since). latest info from dealer is delivery mid September. (HK removed from order also).

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ordered a Cooper Sport F56 mid May with an estimated late July build / early August delivery, received a 'Scheduled for Production' email June 12th (no updates since). latest info from dealer is delivery mid September. (HK removed from order also).
I ordered 20th May & have been told by mini similar to you delivery wk commencing 12th September. i did speak to my dealer about it & he did say that the regional manager had sent them an email & said that this might not actually be the case & could be sooner.

·
Registered
36 Posts
There’s people on this thread that have Minis that can’t be delivered due to shortage of HK amps at least. Included in this number?

·
Registered
157 Posts
this could be the reason for the delays

They are not producing any cars this week, with a possibility of not producing the whole of next week. Not sure when, but the factory shuts down for 2 weeks in august, so not many cars being built

·
Registered
15 Posts
supply constraints are holding up production...this is the case with any product that uses semi-conductors.
Even options like auto boot are affected/delayed and obv. HK sound not available at the mo
Times like these that I appreciate my old Toyota truck with manual crank windows and everything. The only PCB on the entire vehicle is the single ECU module that controls the EFI besides the radio ;-)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Deposit just paid. Rough estimate was Sept as they had two pre-allocated build slots but I have added two options so it could be October. (Electric Cooper SE Level 3).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered my 2022 John Cooper Works Hardtop 3-door in late March, with a scheduled delivery date of 23 June. My production date was on 07 July, with a delivery date in late July to the first week of August.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts