Mini Cooper Forum banner
841 - 860 of 918 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Love the front bumper trim. Is it good quality? I’m just worried it might be prone to fading.
Apparently not prone to fading, please see below for further info from his sales page on eBay 😉 My only slight concern if any is if it will stay on with the attached double sided tape applied to just part of the strip rather than it’s entirety, and as I say not cheap however it seems good quality being a nice glossy vibrant Red in keeping with the JCW Red and is nice and light in weight. Cannot as yet of course comment on how good a fit it is but hopefully may be able to let you know in a couple of weeks 😁🥳

This sale is for the JCW Red Gloss strip only not full grille Suitable for Mini F55, F56 and F57 Mini Cooper S, JCW, Convertible. MODELS 2021 LCI 2 NEWEST BUMPERS ONLY.
This plastic trim has double sided backing and simply sticks over chrome trim, it is a light and thin plastic. It is even fits fine with spot lights.
  • Jet washer safe
  • Durable UV protected ABS plastic
  • Easy 5 minute DIY install
  • Perfect fitment100% coverage
  • Totally reversible

• Edited to say: the price in the image is for the two smaller lower strips which are sold separately 😉

·
Registered
157 Posts
Bless your to kind thanks 💕 if it did happen My Hubby and I would take you for a blast of a run along Hadrians Wall and treat you to a slap up lunch 👌 let’s see how you get on with yours first 😉😂

·
Registered
70 Posts
What spec did you order? I’m waiting for a delivery to Norwich too! Mines expected to start production 13th December ☺ ordered 13th sept
3dr jcw white silver , black roof , black stripes , leather lounge, nav plus , comfort plus, adaptive lights , roof rails , darkened glass , would have had driving assistance but do not want electric handbrake

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well I've finally joined after reading everyone's posts and seeing the ups and downs of people's orders.

I ordered a F60 JCW on the 23rd of September and it looks like it is due to arrive in March, so 6 months from order to delivery at this point. It might be a bit of my own fault as I ticked a few of the options so if anyone is wondering where all the microprocessors have gone they are probably on my car. 😂

My order;
F60 countryman JCW in moonwalk grey with black roof.
Black lounge leather
Nav plus with HUD
Adaptive suspension
19" JCW circuit spoke alloys
Heated steering wheel
Heated windscreen
Black roof rails
Panoramic sunroof
Sun protection glass
Rear armrest
Adaptive LED headlights
Activity pack

And because of the delay I've managed to now add Harman Kardon audio to my order. 😁

Like Nev I ordered from David at bimmerdeals and received a cracking deal, which was actually Nev's fault as he said to try him. (y)

I've got an order number and David said it is due to be built week 11. I did contact the mini genius today and they said it is due to be built week commencing 8 February so that's earlier than I feared, if it stays like that obviously. I stupidly forgot to ask what status code it was as what they said doesn't seem to match the codes on here so I'll have to ask them again.

Keep the updates and pictures coming as it's keeping me entertained. 😃

Cheers, Craig.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #848 ·
Well I've finally joined after reading everyone's posts and seeing the ups and downs of people's orders.

I ordered a F60 JCW on the 23rd of September and it looks like it is due to arrive in March, so 6 months from order to delivery at this point. It might be a bit of my own fault as I ticked a few of the options so if anyone is wondering where all the microprocessors have gone they are probably on my car. 😂

My order;
Black lounge leather
Nav plus with HUD
Adaptive suspension
Heated steering wheel
Heated windscreen
Black roof rails
Panoramic sunroof
Sun protection glass
Rear armrest
Adaptive LED headlights
Activity pack

And because of the delay I've managed to now add Harman Kardon audio to my order. 😁

Like Nev I ordered from David at bimmerdeals and received a cracking deal, which was actually Nev's fault as he said to try him. (y)

I've got an order number and David said it is due to be built week 11. I did contact the mini genius today and they said it is due to be built week commencing 8 February so that's earlier than I feared, if it stays like that obviously. I stupidly forgot to ask what status code it was as what they said doesn't seem to match the codes on here so I'll have to ask them again.

Keep the updates and pictures coming as it's keeping me entertained. 😃

Cheers, Craig.
Welcome to the queue, it sounds like a great car!

·
Registered
600 Posts

I ordered a F60 JCW on the 23rd of September and it looks like it is due to arrive in March, so 6 months from order to delivery at this point. It might be a bit of my own fault as I ticked a few of the options so if anyone is wondering where all the microprocessors have gone they are probably on my car.

My order;
Black lounge leather
Nav plus with HUD
Adaptive suspension
Heated steering wheel
Heated windscreen
Black roof rails
Panoramic sunroof
Sun protection glass
Rear armrest
Adaptive LED headlights
Activity pack

And because of the delay I've managed to now add Harman Kardon audio to my order.

Keep the updates and pictures coming as it's keeping me entertained.

Cheers, Craig.
Haha, sorry Craig
That is going to be one heck of a car with that spec.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #852 ·
Want to do my own brakes is why won’t be back to a garage after the first service
Are they dealer only replacement then. All the cars I’ve had with an electronic handbrake have had a service mode which you can activate through the infotainment system. This will be my first mini with an electronic handbrake though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Are they dealer only replacement then. All the cars I’ve had with an electronic handbrake have had a service mode which you can activate through the infotainment system. This will be my first mini with an electronic handbrake though.
just want to keep it simple , just know for a fact you can do it on ones without it , would have canceled the car and got a lc1 to the spec I want but it was a non refundable deposit and not losing that and hate the bmw , will be a walk in sign the log book , hand over the balance and out have hated the whole process , being a car is not fun any more , this car will see me out

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #854 ·
just want to keep it simple , just know for a fact you can do it on ones without it , would have canceled the car and got a lc1 to the spec I want but it was a non refundable deposit and not losing that and hate the bmw , will be a walk in sign the log book , hand over the balance and out have hated the whole process , being a car is not fun any more , this car will see me out
Fair play. This is far from my last car

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well my order code is 111 which doesn't appear to be a mini code but a BMW one, which I guess is order allocated but I've also got an estimated build date of 8th of February so it seems different to what others have been told. Plenty of time to wait still so I'll try them again in the new year. 😂

·
Registered
F55 Cooper S sport ( on order )
13 Posts
I’ll just wait and see how the electric car market pans out, although I seriously considered a mini electric as my next car. The wife’s only stipulation is that It must have 5 doors, so let’s see what’s available in 4 years time.
This thread really helps with positive waiting motivation, and great to see people’s new cars.

I’ve gone and done something I never thought I’d do. I’ve actually bought a personalised plate especially for the car. I assume I just let my dealer know it’s having a private plate?

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #859 ·
Well my order code is 111 which doesn't appear to be a mini code but a BMW one, which I guess is order allocated but I've also got an estimated build date of 8th of February so it seems different to what others have been told. Plenty of time to wait still so I'll try them again in the new year. 😂
Mini and bmw codes are pretty much the same.

111 means the factory know you’ve ordered but haven’t any real idea when it will be built
112 means they have got a fair idea of a date but they may decide to go back to 111 (happened to me twice)
150 means this is getting real, we’ve got a chassis assigned to you and it will happen in the not too distant future but we’re not 100% sure of what day, but it will be soon.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #860 ·
I’ll just wait and see how the electric car market pans out, although I seriously considered a mini electric as my next car. The wife’s only stipulation is that It must have 5 doors, so let’s see what’s available in 4 years time.
This thread really helps with positive waiting motivation, and great to see people’s new cars.

I’ve gone and done something I never thought I’d do. I’ve actually bought a personalised plate especially for the car. I assume I just let my dealer know it’s having a private plate?
Yeah when they start saying about collection etc then they will need the documents so that they can register with your plate on, they just type in a code from it when they register the car with the dvla.

841 - 860 of 918 Posts