Mini Cooper Forum banner
861 - 880 of 918 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I’m looking forward to an electric car. They just don’t work for me and my job at the moment. It’s odd that you would rather get a taxi or bus than drive an electric car.
show me an electric for£33300 new , will do 400 mile round trip with a 5 minute stop to top up , that after the first service dosnt need to go to a garage again , performance of the jcw , size of a 3dr and as much fun to drive and individual to its self , not just one like thous ands of others

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #862 ·
show me an electric for£33300 new , will do 400 mile round trip with a 5 minute stop to top up , that after the first service dosnt need to go to a garage again , performance of the jcw , size of a 3dr and as much fun to drive and individual to its self , not just one like thous ands of others
I can’t as it doesn’t exist but it will in time

·
Registered
F55 Cooper S sport ( on order )
13 Posts
It’s all about compromise. I believe only the Tesla long range vehicles can achieve over 400 miles per charge, and they weigh over 2 tons for the extra batteries.
There is a company that will fit the Tesla motor to any vehicle of your choice, but that comes with a hefty price tag.
Maybe a hydrogen fuel cell is truly the way forward, especially for haulage drivers where electric just won’t work.

·
Registered
157 Posts
And a couple of bits from SCP Automotive. Just need to sort dash cams and sound deadening and I think I’m all sorted!
Sure you will think of something else 😉😂

Rather tempted to go with the central wireless charging pad which you mentioned esp as there is 20% off today 😁

But May I ask will my iPhone not just charge up anyway when using my USB cable with the phone in the tray underneath ?
Just wondering if I really need it 😉

Thanks

·
Registered
F55 Cooper S sport ( on order )
13 Posts
I’ve got my eye on the Brodit phone mount and bracket. Seems like a few people recommend it, especially as my mini will be relatively poverty spec. I’ll be using my phone as satnav.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Sure you will think of something else

Rather tempted to go with the central wireless charging pad which you mentioned esp as there is 20% off today

But May I ask will my iPhone not just charge up anyway when using my USB cable with the phone in the tray underneath ?
Just wondering if I really need it

Thanks
Yes Sue your phone will charge if plugged into usb, and likely faster than wireless. Wireless is a convenience thing.

·
Registered
600 Posts
just want to keep it simple , just know for a fact you can do it on ones without it , would have canceled the car and got a lc1 to the spec I want but it was a non refundable deposit and not losing that and hate the bmw , will be a walk in sign the log book , hand over the balance and out have hated the whole process , being a car is not fun any more , this car will see me out
Funny, I would argue electronic handbrake is easier, but get it from a maintenance point of view. You clearly aren’t a fan of tech given you would rather catch a bus than have an electric mini

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #871 ·
Sure you will think of something else 😉😂

Rather tempted to go with the central wireless charging pad which you mentioned esp as there is 20% off today 😁

Just wondering if I really need it 😉

Thanks
Potentially an intake but that won't be for a while. I think I'm done with bits and pieces now. My current car is as Alfa intended, I've not tinkered or changed anything on it. I think I must be making up for lost time.

As Nev has said charging from USB will work and will be quicker but seeing as my car will have wireless car play I thought I might as well get the wireless pad. I have 2 phones so one can go in the armrest and the other on this pad when they need charging.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks Nev and our A King, most helpful 🙂👏 my Husband has many talents however has no interest or knowledge of Cars, and is a “gets us from A to B” sort of guy 😂

That said all is not lost as He likes to keep me happy which is why we are getting the Mini 😂👍

·
Registered
157 Posts
Made a good saving with Black Friday on Rubber Mats today at least 😉 pulled the trigger as I very much doubt I will be getting them from our Dealer after all ……

Dropped a hint to our salesman yesterday when dropping off our Reg certificate and I asked if we could expect an early Xmas gift on the back seat upon pickup to which He replied “yes me!” 🙄😂

861 - 880 of 918 Posts