Mini Cooper Forum banner
1321 - 1340 of 1413 Posts

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,321 ·
ah ok not ideal then.

sales person has been fab so far however emailed last week for update and no reply so far - hopefully not a sign of things to come.

I found out June from genius but will be interesting to see when sales come back to confirm!

Was there an issue with you not signing ‘no damage’ after as to be honest it would take me at least 20/30 min to look over it properly so if they can’t wait that long I’ll prob not sign!

Think I saw your photos other day in that it’s a closed van delivering it which is good.

I did initially pay for mini protect x but after a bit of research (including finding a well respected detailer 3 miles away) cancelled as well as needed the cash for now for unrelated matters! To be fair sales person sorted refund within 24 hours!
The delivery guy wasn’t happy with me but I had the option of yes/no to “has your car been delivered free from damage” I couldn’t say yes so the only other option was no to I went for that. There’s also a question about whether it’s as you ordered I put no as I didn’t know and the delivery guy said it looks fully loaded to me.

Salesman called me in the new year and was mostly concerned with me giving him 10/10 when mini contact me for feedback.

Good move on cancelling the guardx/protectx it’s a rip off.

·
Registered
723 Posts
The delivery guy wasn’t happy with me but I had the option of yes/no to “has your car been delivered free from damage” I couldn’t say yes so the only other option was no to I went for that. There’s also a question about whether it’s as you ordered I put no as I didn’t know and the delivery guy said it looks fully loaded to me.

Salesman called me in the new year and was mostly concerned with me giving him 10/10 when mini contact me for feedback.

Good move on cancelling the guardx/protectx it’s a rip off.
I assume you aren’t giving the salesman 10/10 given the terrible lack of service/comms? Or can’t you be bothered?

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,323 ·
I assume you aren’t giving the salesman 10/10 given the terrible lack of service/comms? Or can’t you be bothered?
I will be honest if/when they contact. I’ve not heard anything as yet. But the salesman was all well you know I did everything I could do under the circumstances and you will give me a score of 10. I’ll have a think was my response.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's because it affects his salary and he'll get a kicking from his boss. When I sold cars you had to get 100% satisfaction or you'd get a real grilling from the manager. The difference for us was that we actually tried. 😂

One of my colleagues had someone mark they were dissatisfied, this was because when they opened the boot they got dirt on their hands due to the design of the car. Obviously this had nothing to do with him but you should have seen the grief it caused us all. :mad: So I'm not surprised he's asking for 100%.

If he was poor, which it sounds like he was, then he deserves a poor rating and he will get grief for it. It won't do a thing for you but it might help the next person get a better service, although he will just claim you were an a... and no matter what he did you wouldn't have satisfied. However if he gets more than one that won't wash. 😃

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,325 ·
It's because it affects his salary and he'll get a kicking from his boss. When I sold cars you had to get 100% satisfaction or you'd get a real grilling from the manager. The difference for us was that we actually tried. 😂

One of my colleagues had someone mark they were dissatisfied, this was because when they opened the boot they got dirt on their hands due to the design of the car. Obviously this had nothing to do with him but you should have seen the grief it caused us all. :mad: So I'm not surprised he's asking for 100%.

If he was poor, which it sounds like he was, then he deserves a poor rating and he will get grief for it. It won't do a thing for you but it might help the next person get a better service, although he will just claim you were an a... and no matter what he did you wouldn't have satisfied. However if he gets more than one that won't wash. 😃
I wouldn’t be overly harsh as it’s not his fault that there were delays but the bits he was responsible for were pretty lack lustre. For the discount though I’m happy to take a cut in customer service as I won’t be returning to them for maintenance anyway.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've just checked with mini genius and I'm still code 111. Estimated production is still week beginning 21st of Feb, so at least it hasn't slipped back yet. I'll try them again the beginning of Feb.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I've just checked with mini genius and I'm still code 111. Estimated production is still week beginning 21st of Feb, so at least it hasn't slipped back yet. I'll try them again the beginning of Feb.
Sounds positive Craig. A good week that w/c 21st, my birthday week. I wouldn’t be surprised if your build week doesn’t move forward as they always have a big push ahead of new registration time

·
Registered
62 Posts
I hope so, but this date has been fairly rigid since I ordered. David said week 9 in September when I ordered and it's been week 8 since I checked the genius' in November to now. So I suppose it's a week better than originally thought, but if we use your production as an example it will be ready for collection around the 21st of March as I remember yours being roughly a month from production to delivery.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I hope so, but this date has been fairly rigid since I ordered. David said week 9 in September when I ordered and it's been week 8 since I checked the genius' in November to now. So I suppose it's a week better than originally thought, but if we use your production as an example it will be ready for collection around the 21st of March as I remember yours being roughly a month from production to delivery.
Yes, was a month from prod finish to collection

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine is finally in the paint shop. Genius said production start was 10th Jan, Delivery by the 17th. Im actually hoping the dealer gets the car by Feb and then i can push for a 22reg plate.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Yes, was a month from prod finish to collection
For others wondering, this is a Countryman that came from Netherlands Factory, obviously F55/F56 that are built in Oxford will be with dealers usually within 2 weeks of build completion (transport allowing)

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,337 ·
For others wondering, this is a Countryman that came from Netherlands Factory, obviously F55/F56 that are built in Oxford will be with dealers usually within 2 weeks of build completion (transport allowing)
My F56 took almost 4 weeks to come off the line and get to me. I think I ticked all of the “delay wherever possible” options 🤣

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ive gone from Status 5300(Pre Assembly) this morning to 5500 (Build complete) this evening. yesterday it was 5200.

So after waiting since July, its hopefully going to be at the dealers next week. Genius said i have digital dash, but its a bit too early to confirm.

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,339 ·
Font Cameras & optics Material property Audio equipment Gadget

Ive gone from Status 5300(Pre Assembly) this morning to 5500 (Build complete) this evening. yesterday it was 5200.

So after waiting since July, its hopefully going to be at the dealers next week. Genius said i have digital dash, but its a bit too early to confirm.
Great news. If you ask your dealer for the vin number you can download “the drivers guide” app this is an electronic manual for your car and it will be bespoke to your car. If you search for instrument cluster it will give you all the information about warning lights etc but if you have the digital dash it will show that or if it has the analog one it will show that. You can also use it to check out all the other options that you’ve gone for

1321 - 1340 of 1413 Posts