Mini Cooper Forum banner
1341 - 1360 of 1413 Posts

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,341 ·
Question. Using the App can you start up and warm up the car to defrost in the morning? If so, is it standard on all minis?
You can lock/unlock, flash the lights and ventilate through the app but you can’t start the engine and generate heat or use the air conditioning. It’s slightly different with the electric minis they can prewarm before you get in. I don’t know if they can also use air conditioning too?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had this functionality in my Jaguar F pace, you could start car, it be locked and in neutral. It was really handy in the winter.

·
Registered
318 Posts
It’s illegal for us to have the engine running and not be in the car.
Same in the US, actually. I'm not sure if Mini still offers it, but others do since it's not illegal to sell cars with the option, it's just illegal to use anywhere (funny how that works).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Does the app let you set ventilation controls remotely? I found in my old car the ability to defrost it in the morning a massive time saver.

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,350 ·
Does the app let you set ventilation controls remotely? I found in my old car the ability to defrost it in the morning a massive time saver.
It allows you to ventilate which is just the fans running I think. There’s no option for temperature. You can set a time for when to turn the fans on too but it only blows the ambient air around.

Font Material property Screenshot Electronic device Multimedia

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes I’m waiting for my level 3 MINI electric that I ordered December 9th 2021 I have an estimated dealership delivery date April or May 2022 not disappointed as hopefully we should have better weather by then here in the UK.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys I wonder if anyone can help I’ve ordered my JCW convertible back in October 2021 and apparently the dealer said I haven’t even got a build slot as of yet ? Roughly how long from build slot have people averaging delivery? Sales rep said it could be even may which is ages ! And I am a little excited 😜

·
Registered
7 Posts
If it’s of any help I spoke directly to the factory this morning to ask for a special request for my level 3 MINI electric, I want the waistline chrome trim deleting, and the black trim waistline fitted instead, it transpires that apparently this can not be done as an option or special request for the MINI electric models but can specified as an option on the sports 3 door variant models, I don’t understand.
Furthermore for your point, I asked about my build slot and how the slots are allocated, are they in numerical order or random, I didn’t exactly get a straight answer but it would seem it’s all controlled on parts allocation to the customer specification or dealer standard issue cars, I have no build slot either, yet a car that I know was ordered in November 2021 was delivered 3 days ago, go figure that out…

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,356 ·
Hi guys I wonder if anyone can help I’ve ordered my JCW convertible back in October 2021 and apparently the dealer said I haven’t even got a build slot as of yet ? Roughly how long from build slot have people averaging delivery? Sales rep said it could be even may which is ages ! And I am a little excited 😜
Took me 7.5 months from ordering for it being delivered. I got a confirmed build slot at the 6 and 3/4 month stage.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good News!
Spoke to my dealer, it’s there. Handover 1PM Monday. Drove by earlier to see if I could take a sneaky picture, this is all I got. Had to zoom in so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Czar, thank you for your reply that’s a shame I was really hoping I would have it just before we get any type of nice weather but there not much I can do ? My paperwork says February estimate delivery but I’m going for the may estimate instead fingers crossed 🤞🏻 my husband is going to try and squeeze some free accessories out of the dealer because of the wait it’s worth a try ? 😂

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,359 ·
If it’s of any help I spoke directly to the factory this morning to ask for a special request for my level 3 MINI electric, I want the waistline chrome trim deleting, and the black trim waistline fitted instead, it transpires that apparently this can not be done as an option or special request for the MINI electric models but can specified as an option on the sports 3 door variant models, I don’t understand.
Furthermore for your point, I asked about my build slot and how the slots are allocated, are they in numerical order or random, I didn’t exactly get a straight answer but it would seem it’s all controlled on parts allocation to the customer specification or dealer standard issue cars, I have no build slot either, yet a car that I know was ordered in November 2021 was delivered 3 days ago, go figure that out…
You can get the dealer to fit the black trim or do it yourself if you want to. It’s not that hard, I changed the beltline on mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can get the dealer to fit the black trim or do it yourself if you want to. It’s not that hard, I changed the beltline on mine.
Thank you for your reply, as the factory refuse to do this on any of the electric models, and as I know the dealership very well, the dealership will order the black waistline trim kit and fit it for me before I collect my level 3 MINI electric.

1341 - 1360 of 1413 Posts