Mini Cooper Forum banner
1361 - 1380 of 1413 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine has been stuck at Status 8200 (released to carrier) since 7th Jan. Delivery to the dealer still showing as 24th January however I'm starting to get a bit skeptical since it still has a bit of a way to go before it's mine. Not sure if shipping is affected with delays too at the moment (COVID, etc) but I wouldn't be surprised if so. Still got my fingers crossed though 🤞

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have date for production 24th Jan also. I’m hoping it’s pushed back a few weeks to allow for the new registration. My dealer has been excellent updating me almost 2 weekly. Her update this week included a shot of her computer screen I couldn’t help zoom in and screen shot it, wish I could make sense of it though !
Computer Font Rectangle Screenshot Software

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have date for production 24th Jan also. I’m hoping it’s pushed back a few weeks to allow for the new registration. My dealer has been excellent updating me almost 2 weekly. Her update this week included a shot of her computer screen I couldn’t help zoom in and screen shot it, wish I could make sense of it though !
View attachment 76742

I wish MINI would provide customers with something like this, I'm sure it would make the geniuses lives easier. My estimated production date is also the 24th Jan so hopefully it happens for us! Have you also been waiting since August?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine went into production this Monday and is already at status 9660, apparently on its way to the dealer. I was hoping it wasn't too quick so i could get the 22 reg. But the salesman said the car had to be registered/fulfilled within 10 days to get the finance deal that was campaigned last year. Be nice to finally have the car though!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine went into production this Monday and is already at status 9660, apparently on its way to the dealer. I was hoping it wasn't too quick so i could get the 22 reg. But the salesman said the car had to be registered/fulfilled within 10 days to get the finance deal that was campaigned last year. Be nice to finally have the car though!
Great news - looks like you’re almost there. Interesting re registering, I didn’t realise the car had to be registered so soon. My dealer seems to be hoping to register the car in March but maybe that won’t happen if the car is built sooner.

·
Registered
62 Posts
View attachment 76742
Looks like you are status 112, confirmed production week 4 expected delivery week 6. So at the dealer 7 February to 13 February. So definitely moving on and time to get more excited. 😂

It depends on your dealer whether they will wait or try to push you into taking it early. I really doubt that and if you stand firm you should have the new reg. My dealer said it didn't matter when I took it as it was a quarter 1 car so had to be delivered before 31 march but other than that they didn't care when. So if it arrived in January I could wait until March if I wanted. All academic now as it won't arrive until March now anyway.

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,370 ·
Looks like you are status 112, confirmed production week 4 expected delivery week 6. So at the dealer 7 February to 13 February. So definitely moving on and time to get more excited. 😂

It depends on your dealer whether they will wait or try to push you into taking it early. I really doubt that and if you stand firm you should have the new reg. My dealer said it didn't matter when I took it as it was a quarter 1 car so had to be delivered before 31 march but other than that they didn't care when. So if it arrived in January I could wait until March if I wanted. All academic now as it won't arrive until March now anyway.
112 can still go back to 111 but the closer it gets to the date the less likely that is.

Sone dealers will be on bonus’ for how many 71 etc plates they can sell so that’s why they may push to register it asap. March and September are super busy too so they are probably keen to have as many cars go out in February and august as possible. It’s nice to have a new plate on the 1st though.

·
Registered
26 Posts

Thanks for deciphering that.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think it all comes down to targets. My car arrived at the dealership on the 18 Dec with the handover day on the 23rd. I said I wasn't worried about having it until the new year just so it could be registered as a 2022 model however he said that wasn't possible as he needed to get the car out before the end of the year. I asked why and he said it was to do with targets and more importantly bonuses!!

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,374 ·
Ordered Cooper S No 6 two days ago, its going to be a LLLLOOOOOONNNNGGGG WWWWAAAAIIIITTTT delivery expected 30th JUNE.
Congratulations but the delivery dates are only an estimate it could improve especially if you haven’t ticked too many options.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ordered Nov told June production for July delivery but lots of options ticked so maybe why?
Hoping it will all happen MUCH sooner! 🤷🏻‍♂️🤞🏻

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mine is at the dealers but I am hoping to wait for a new registration in March. So far they seem agreeable, we shall see. This allows me to save the new car for the spring, extend my current excellent finance deal (with agreed PX) as well as getting a new registration. I am trying to be patient and practice some deferred gratification but it’s hard knowing the new Cooper S is waiting at the dealers…….and this is what it should look like:

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,379 ·
Ordered Nov told June production for July delivery but lots of options ticked so maybe why?
Hoping it will all happen MUCH sooner! 🤷🏻‍♂️🤞🏻
I ticked all the options and mine took 7.5 months from order to delivery.

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,380 ·
Mine is at the dealers but I am hoping to wait for a new registration in March. So far they seem agreeable, we shall see. This allows me to save the new car for the spring, extend my current excellent finance deal (with agreed PX) as well as getting a new registration. I am trying to be patient and practice some deferred gratification but it’s hard knowing the new Cooper S is waiting at the dealers…….and this is what it should look like:
Looks like a great car. Can't believe enigmatic black is the free colour choice as well as leather interior, they will cost £1250 on a JCW. Enigmatic black is the best colour though!

1361 - 1380 of 1413 Posts