Mini Cooper Forum banner
121 - 140 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm going down to my dealers at lunch time to drop in my registration plate transfer documents and amend the registration address for my new car. It's taken so long I'm now almost certain that I'll be moving house before the car arrives. It's due to the dealers the same week that I move house, with some luck it could be the beginning of the week and they they can do what they need to do to it quickly. I move on the Friday!

If not, then it's a 130 mile round trip to collect it, with a £70 ferry trip in the middle. My F54 trade in has definatly gone up in price since we struck a deal, maybe I can work on getting my £500 good will gesture :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
My cooper sport has just arrived at the dealers & has digital cockpit on it & i didn't order NAV+. Asked the salesman why & he said that alot of them were coming with it on, but there was also a chance you wouldn't get it due to parts supply. The only guaranteed way to get it was to order NAV+

·
Registered
296 Posts
My cooper sport has just arrived at the dealers & has digital cockpit on it & i didn't order NAV+. Asked the salesman why & he said that alot of them were coming with it on, but there was also a chance you wouldn't get it due to parts supply. The only guaranteed way to get it was to order NAV+
A good win there. Father in laws Cooper came in in June with the manual dials. Dealer hadn’t even told him it had reverted which is naughty, but he wasn’t bothered as old school

·
Registered
222 Posts
A good win there. Father in laws Cooper came in in June with the manual dials. Dealer hadn’t even told him it had reverted which is naughty, but he wasn’t bothered as old school
The other bonus is it hasn't cost anything extra, originally when they stopped cars getting the digital dash they reduced the price of the car by £200

·
Registered
11 Posts
So I'm waiting too, and have been squatting on these pages listening to other people's experiences.... I think I'm getting closer, the dealer is suggesting end of September, which seems possible.

I placed my order on 14th June, and it went immediately to 'scheduled for production', which is why I think that's basically a dealer notification that doesn't mean a whole lot.

I thought I'd picked quite an unusual scheme, until it got walked all over by the anniversary edition! But mine is still going to be quite rare, with its malt brown leather seats. Sunroof essential for me too, and if I could have not had the anthracite lining I would have - I massively dislike all the heavily black / dark grey interiors that everything comes with these days. Also, very much manual gearbox, my last hurrah for this sort of car. Just the nav pack, so I'm a bit intrigued right now whether it's going to have analogue or digital dash. I don't think I mind really, was expecting analogue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! First time MINI maker & future owner here! I’ve scoured through lots of posts and different websites, can someone enlighten me on how to understand when I’ll maybe get my MINI? Especially now with COVID delays. I checked the website today and saw I have a VIN and moved into the production begins stage, is it actually being made or still sitting around waiting? I was hoping since I have a VIN things would start moving, I ordered early August but after reading posts I’m thinking I shouldn’t get my hopes up on moving along in the process. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello! First time new MINI maker & future owner here! I’ve scoured through lots of posts and different websites, can someone enlighten me on how to understand when I’ll maybe get my MINI? Especially now with COVID delays. I checked the website today and saw I have a VIN and moved into the production begins stage, is it actually being made or still sitting around waiting? I was hoping since I have a VIN things would start moving, I ordered early August but after reading posts I’m thinking I shouldn’t get my hopes up on moving along in the process. Any tips are greatly appreciated!
You are luckier than I. I ordered late July, still no VIN/order number... Hope yours will move fast!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well 1 month gone by so far with another 3 to go if all goes well for my fully loaded F56 Elusive 😉 this reminds me of waiting for our Puppy to be ready for his forever Home lol Hope He likes his new transport after all of this He is used to small back seats as we are trading this in 🥲

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
296 Posts
Well 1 month gone by so far with another 3 to go if all goes well for my fully loaded F56 Elusive this reminds me of waiting for our Puppy to be ready for his forever Home lol Hope He likes his new transport after all of this He is used to small back seats as we are trading this in 🥲

View attachment 75119
Haha…elusive

·
Registered
222 Posts
a couple of pictures taken from the video sent by the dealer View attachment 75115 View attachment 75116
So pick it up on Thursday, i cant wait.
I have also today ordered a sound system upgrade as i couldn't have HK. Cant get it installed until middle of October due to the car hifi store being busy & me going on holiday.
went for

Audiotec Fischer Match Co-Axial Front door speakers (2 way)
Audiotec Fischer Match Underseat Subwoofers
Audiotec Fischer Match 5ch amp with DSP
SOT Cable and adaptors
Labour

Total - £1269 inc VAT installed.

Keeping the rear OEM's speakers as nobody ever sits in the back & the soundstage is to the front

Hopefully should sound better thank HK

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have also today ordered a sound system upgrade as i couldn't have HK. Cant get it installed until middle of October due to the car hifi store being busy & me going on holiday.
went for

SOT Cable and adaptors
Labour

Keeping the rear OEM's speakers as nobody ever sits in the back & the soundstage is to the front

Sounds spot on

·
Registered
10 Posts
went for

SOT Cable and adaptors
Labour

I need to know more about this cause I wont have the HK either. I wanted 2 ways to replace the mids.

121 - 140 of 215 Posts