Mini Cooper Forum banner
161 - 180 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Had an update from dealer yesterday, our F56 Cooper Sport is expected (delivery to dealer) Week 43, the last week of October. The vehicle was ordered/deposit paid mid May. At time of order the delivery was estimated end of July/Early August.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
Good question, to be honest I'm not sure. Dealer response via email was 'we're expecting the vehicle to us Wk 43'.

I've had no additional emails from MINI confirming build date.
It’s so frustrating. VW have a much slicker system where you can see what’s going on through their website. I’m surprised that mini haven’t got something more organised. The information is there as the genius’ have access to what’s going on so they just need to connect it to a website.

I’m yet to receive any emails from mini directly, I’ve only had ones from the dealer.

That said abarth was awful. The dealer said he won’t know when my car was going to arrive until the transporter turns up. He refused to send me any photos of the car or let me see it until all the paperwork was signed. He was a prick though.

·
Registered
296 Posts
It’s so frustrating. VW have a much slicker system where you can see what’s going on through their website. I’m surprised that mini haven’t got something more organised. The information is there as the genius’ have access to what’s going on so they just need to connect it to a website.

I’m yet to receive any emails from mini directly, I’ve only had ones from the dealer.

That said abarth was awful. The dealer said he won’t know when my car was going to arrive until the transporter turns up. He refused to send me any photos of the car or let me see it until all the paperwork was signed. He was a prick though.
VW may be better but Audi are awful. As far as Mini go, I was told the emails come from the Centre and not Mini themselves so down to the dealer as to whether they check status and send out emails

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mini website chat told me today that my F54 JCW will be at the dealer on Tuesday the 21st. One week to go!!!

Previously the dealer said they can have it ready for hand over within 24 hours.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Just put down a deposit for a new JCW LCI 2 in island blue… estimated delivery December.. but I’m expecting it to be more jan/feb time!
You never know, the dealer may have an editable build slot that you've managed to get in on. Congratulations on the order!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just put down a deposit for a new JCW LCI 2 in island blue… estimated delivery December.. but I’m expecting it to be more jan/feb time!
We have just ordered a pair of Mini’s, a three door and a five door in Island Blue – its going to be a popular colour! There were astonishing PX deals available on our late 2019 models. Delivery is supposed to be December, but like you, it could drift into next year which would suit us as they will be first registered in 2022. For us the PX promise was an important factor as the second hand car market is extremely volatile at the moment and could turn down very fast as the economy starts to tank.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We have just ordered a pair of Mini’s, a three door and a five door in Island Blue – its going to be a popular colour! There were astonishing PX deals available on our late 2019 models. Delivery is supposed to be December, but like you, it could drift into next year which would suit us as they will be first registered in 2022. For us the PX promise was an important factor as the second hand car market is extremely volatile at the moment and could turn down very fast as the economy starts to tank.
Yup an Island Blue 3 door here also 👍 still had to work really hard to get a near reasonable PX though.
Ordered on the 10th of August with an estimated 1st of December delivery date.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yup an Island Blue 3 door here also 👍 still had to work really hard to get a near reasonable PX though.
Ordered on the 10th of August with an estimated 1st of December delivery date.
We managed to get a PX of £500 less than We Buy Any Car on the 5 door and £1100 on the 3 door. They are both Cooper Classics but I suspect the 5 doors are in greater demand on the 2nd hand market. Not bad as the cars will be three to five months older by the time our new cars are ready.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We ordered our JCW beginning of September with the following specs; Classic 3 door hatch, manual gear, White Silver with red roof and 17 JCW Black Grip spoke Piano Black trim, HK…and others. Older sibling of our JCW in the photo. 😜
Planned arrival at the end of December but my dealer says it could be earlier. Fingers crossed🤞🏻. Will keep you posted.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
I spoke to the mini genius this morning and the jcw that I ordered on 18th May now has a confirmed build date. It will be built week commencing 20th December. 7 months from order to manufacture, great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I spoke to the mini genius this morning and the jcw that I ordered on 18th May now has a confirmed build date. It will be built week commencing 20th December. 7 months from order to manufacture, great.
Wow that’s crazy!! I suppose if it takes 7 months for mine to be built, it will be registered as a 22 plate 🤷🏼‍♀️

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ordered a Cooper S sport using a build slot that had become available on 28th August for a Nov 1st delivery. Unsurprisingly, that has now gone out to 22nd November!

161 - 180 of 215 Posts