Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's not much action in this subforum so I thought I'd contribute :)

Has anyone actually got their Cooper D yet? They're starting to replace the engines (mine's being done at the moment) so I wondered if anyone here was at the front of the queue?

They're starting to feel like a mythical beast! Rarer than hens teeth ;-)

·
Registered
303 Posts
The lesser-spotted Cooper D....

Hi - I was going to ask the same question...

My Cooper D is due to be built soon (with the revised engine) and delivered in week 26.

TBH: I would refuse to take delivery of a car that was already built & needed an engine change as I'd always be concerned that further problems would develop. A full engine change is like having a heart transplant!

Good luck - I hope it all works well for you. I drove my dealer's demo Cooper D before they were all taken off the road and it's so much better than my current MINI that I was truly amazed!!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I haven't got my Cooper!

But I do feel for you D folks - that has got to be a failure of epic proportions on BMW's part

Imagine them releasing a 3 series or for that matter any series and the D's being recalled back because of acoustic issues

Wouldn't exactly work would it since more than 80% of BMW sales are D's.

Blimey.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was going to ask the same myself, mine is a lease car which was built back in March but not delivered, so I will have to accept the replacement engine. I wouldn't have bothered if it had been my own car.
The lease company and dealer have gone very quiet and I have not heard anything. My email request for information following Metalpetals's post regarding getting the new engine fitted, has not been answered. I have been using a 1 series for a month foc, with the return date being in July, hopefully won't have to wait until then!

·
Registered
734 Posts
My dealer told me that their diesel demonstrators have to be sent back after 1500 miles... but when I asked he also told me that they had seen (or rather heard) no evidence of the problem. I guess it gets worse over time...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting replies, thanks folks. JJH - mine is a company car, so it's all quite low risk re the replacement engine. If it was my own car I would have thought seriously about asking for a new build. But hopefully all will be okay and, after all, these are the engines they're putting in the new ones currently being built. I guess my only concern is any issues at my dealer due to the mechanics never having worked with this specific engine before! But I've been reassured that they have been sent a very detailed test spec - hence the reason it will be days/weeks before I actually get it.

Ho hum!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was told last week that my Dooper went into build on 20/5/14 -it is due at my Dealer 17/6/14 .If it all goes through then I will consider myself extremely fortunate to have one of the first in the UK ?. The car was originally due end of May and they have given me a loaner 120d ( 14 reg with 700 miles on) to use until my car comes. As far as I know the engine will be factory installed which is essential for me as I wouldn't want a dealer fitted engine if I had the choice

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just got an update to say my Dooper was now with distribution and hopefully should be delivered to the dealer soon. So things seem to be moving at long last :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Had an update from the dealer , car will be finished this week and delivered to the dealer early next week so I am hoping to collect next thursday 12/6/14

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fingers crossed that they mean what they say guys!! Sounds like you could be the first to actually have one of these beauties on your driveways :) Hopefully I won't be long after!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
The dealer told me today that all people that are having replacement engines fitted to their card will have the option of a newly built car in September. Whilst they tool around in the original. This sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.

Worth checking out ??

·
Registered
303 Posts
my Cooper D is now in production....

:) Like a visit to the midwife, I saw today on the dealership's internal system that my Cooper D is just going into production!

I was also told that 'engine change' customers will get a brand new car after September 1st... and BMW/MINI sent me a £300 voucher with a letter of apology.

All in all, they're treating their loyal customers correctly.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Interesting replies, thanks folks. JJH - mine is a company car, so it's all quite low risk re the replacement engine. If it was my own car I would have thought seriously about asking for a new build. But hopefully all will be okay and, after all, these are the engines they're putting in the new ones currently being built. I guess my only concern is any issues at my dealer due to the mechanics never having worked with this specific engine before! But I've been reassured that they have been sent a very detailed test spec - hence the reason it will be days/weeks before I actually get it.

Ho hum!
CO2slave and I have both been told that 'engine-change' customers will be given a new car after September... I hope this applies to you too!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks for the update JJH, I wonder if that only applies to private customers, it will be interesting to see if as a lease customer, myself and others get anything more than the loan car. I feel another email coming on :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just got notification that my car has been delivered to the dealer and the earliest delivery date to me will be 16th June :) Also got the reg number and that means she will be known as 'Lyn'
I'm sure others waiting for the D will now start to get notifications.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I order MCD in 30 April...I received an email saying that my F56 was already in production ... and that would get it to the 25th of July ...will not be to many time? Have they ever even in this production? Another question is i found over 150 MCD f56 sale in Germany ... do not understand ...

·
Registered
137 Posts
That's good news for you, but I don't know anything about the 150 for sale in Germany, do you have a link to the information? Sorry just seen your other post, looks like two are demonstrators, one is a One D and the other is a new one, perhaps with a new engine or a fresh delivery.

·
Registered
158 Posts
:D:DDelivery just been confirmed for the morning of the 16th :D
Baa humbug you will beat me by a day. Mine came in to the dealer ( Rybrook Shrewsbury along with 9 others) on Thursday early morning this week but my dealer needs until Wednesday morning to do his thing! Am I being unreasonable or is 4 full working days stretching it a bit?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts