Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of buying an X1, and it has the same engine as the F56 I believe, the B46 2.0 liter gas engine.

Over on the Bimmerfest X1 forum, some are having hesitation issues off a dead stop. So I'm wondering if this is endemic to the 2.0 petrol engine and if there is any solution?

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
I dont think anyone on here has ever had hesitation issues with this engine.never read any complaints. Perhaps its the auto? There has been a well publicised bearing issue recall but nothing much other than at.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I have a manual gear box but no hesitation or issues at all with my B46.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Perhaps a good extended test drive of the X1 will give you the answers you are looking for...

Problem with the internet at times is that someone complains about something and then everyone else looks for a problem that they may never have even noticed before but now are now paranoid after reading about it ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Yes and if you're like me sods law says you do your research (bought a golf r32) and everything they said to look for on the websites was fine everything else went wrong!most unreliable car ever but all sorts silly things .none of the recognised ones!(never let me down though).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts