Mini Cooper Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Placed order for my Red Mini Cooper EV through my work scheme.

Planning ahead on some possible mods and would like explore lowering options, thinking something subtle like Eibach springs.

Anyone so far fitted any lowering springs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it a lease? If so the lease agreement will probably state you can't modify it as its not your car.
Yes will be lease, in the past I have lowered lease cars and put back to standard springs before giving it back. Its purely for aesthetic reasons not performance.

·
Registered
108 Posts
ST XA Coilovers specifically for the SE (same internals as KW V2 as same company). All mods declared for insurance.
Brake mods? Or just calliper paint (as I intend to do)?

Edit: also, how do the coil overs affect the ride, if at all? And you may as well list all the other mods you’ve done lol. I put Bilstein B14s on my smart 450 and while the ride became slightly more harsh on uneven pavement, it eliminated the rockinghorse effect and along with urethane bushings and an engine remap, turned the 450 into an absolute gokart. That said, I think my wife will have my balls if I start doing similar mods on a brand new SE!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Front JCW Brembo, standard rear as bigger than the JCW. All refinished in Ferrari Modena Yellow. The wheels are JCW Double Spoke (which are a forged wheel made by Ronal and lightweight) finished in satin anthracite. 15mm/20mm spacers (Bimecc in black so you can’t see them.). There’s a short aerial, carbon mirrors, carbon bonnet scoop,black beltline (all genuine JCW) to go on.I’d like the JCW hatch handle in carbon too but they aren’t cheap (if anyone has one they’d part with let me know!).

The ride is better on the coilovers. More composed and is more refined. Lower for better aerodynamics too. I’d quite like to put powerflex bushes on it eventually but nothing harder than that If I do.

My partner has a W451. I have a soft spot for it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
FWIW, I used to raise my ride height in November and lower it again in April (we get mountains of snow and ice here). The B14 was a bear to adjust. How easy are the ST?

·
Registered
203 Posts
FWIW, I used to raise my ride height in November and lower it again in April (we get mountains of snow and ice here). The B14 was a bear to adjust. How easy are the ST?
I think the usual would apply, coat the body of the coilover with a ceramic coating (I use Carbon Collective) and then make sure the threads are greased. Difference between KW and ST is the body material (internals are the same).

·
Registered
53 Posts
The front are super easy to adjust up or down but the rear takes more work. You have to put the car on jack stands in the rear and disconnect the lower bolt on the shock/damper. You also have to disconnect the rear sway bar end link. This allows you to then lower the trailing arm so you can remove the rear spring and the spring perch which can then be adjusted.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts