Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just looking for some information really.
My 2022 JCW Hatch has been delivered to my dealership, but Mini have placed a delivery hold. After many phone calls they said it’s due to a ‘recall’ on the HK Speakers. No end in sight.
Just wondering if anyone has collected a mini with HK Speakers in the last couple of days has had the same problem and how long it took to resolve?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 F56 S stick Paddy Hopkirk, '12 Coupe S, 13 Roadster S, 14 Countryman S
120 Posts
I am not in your situation. In case you are new here, or have missed posts, MINI is delivering many MINI with no HK ir digital dash due to chip shortages. I hope the are neither the case with you . Good luck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankfully mine has been delivered to the dealership but is on hold due to the recall. Not even sure if I will have HK now. I saw it today and everything seemed to work so not sure why the delay.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thankfully mine has been delivered to the dealership but is on hold due to the recall. Not even sure if I will have HK now. I saw it today and everything seemed to work so not sure why the delay.
when you saw the car did it have small speakers at the bottom of the A pillars, if so it has Harman Kardon

I dont think they will remove it as it would mean changing alot of parts in the car, it would need new rears panels, new A pillars & probably need rewiring

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What I meant was i’m not sure if they will remove it due to the semi conductors. Hopefully the wait isn’t too long and mini will get off their ass to sort it!

·
Registered
157 Posts
What I meant was i’m not sure if they will remove it due to the semi conductors. Hopefully the wait isn’t too long and mini will get off their ass to sort it!
Lets hope it not long, it maybe something and nothing thats wrong.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hopefully it’s just one of those legal things they have to extra check in case it breaks. Hopefully it’s not long for my sake😂

·
Registered
46 Posts
They should really tell you exactly what is going on - it seems odd to be concerned over something that’s already installed!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Keep us posted on this one, hope it gets resolved quickly. Awaiting news on a new Cooper Sport that's about to enter build with HK Specced, awaiting confirmation if it will be included.

Good to see that your JCW includes the Digital Dash, did you order the Nav Plus Pack?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not an F56 but an F60 that I'm hoping to pick up next week and I've been told that mine has been built and the HK has been fitted as specced. The dealer knows if the car arrives there without it or they hold it and recall (is that another way of saying remove?) the HK I'll be cancelling my order.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not an F56 but an F60 that I'm hoping to pick up next week and I've been told that mine has been built and the HK has been fitted as specced. The dealer knows if the car arrives there without it or they hold it and recall (is that another way of saying remove?) the HK I'll be cancelling my order.
So I spoke to them today (thankfully they gave me a car to use). What they’ve said is that if the car has HK in it (you’d be told way before it’s delivered if it didn’t) they need to check whether the amplifier in one of speakers is connected properly. Apparently all cars that have the HK System have been put on hold. Waiting for Mini Head Office to tell them what they need to do. Hope yours isn’t affected!

·
Registered
46 Posts
So I spoke to them today (thankfully they gave me a car to use). What they’ve said is that if the car has HK in it (you’d be told way before it’s delivered if it didn’t) they need to check whether the amplifier in one of speakers is connected properly. Apparently all cars that have the HK System have been put on hold. Waiting for Mini Head Office to tell them what they need to do. Hope yours isn’t affected!
At least now you know what the issue is - which is better than the vague response. Fingers crossed it doesn't take that long to resolve.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks for the update, my car was originally due late April, then early May and I'm still waiting for a delivery date. My dealer told me it's built and all the specced options are on it but they can't confirm 100% until it leaves the factory and is shipped over. I also checked with Mini online and they confirmed what the dealer told me and said it was due to be delivered to the dealer in the week starting 21st June. Hopefully it will turn up and get prepped for collection next week.

·
Registered
46 Posts
A poster on a FB group says it’s to do with cars leaving the factory with missing amplifiers apparently.

I did a pre delivery inspection on one this week that has the delivery stop on it and the vehicle was missing an amplifier waiting on an update from technical as to part no for replacing the missing amp.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts