Mini Cooper Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just had a call from my dealer with an update regarding my F60 order. He has received an email from Mini sales planning (I think that was the department) and they have confirmed that my car does have the HK stereo fitted. There's a 'but' though. There's a part missing and they have had to order this part from Munich and they don't know how long it will take to get - but it could be a few weeks. Once this part arrives it will be fitted to the car and sent to the dealership to be made ready for collection. I'm wondering if this part is the amplifier that has been mentioned. It's strange that cars are leaving the production line with parts missing.

·
Registered
116 Posts
A little update on my F60 order. The manager of the dealership called yesterday to let me know that they'd arranged an alternate courtesy car for me as the Kia Niro I ended up with is giving me back ache, so I now have a BMW 218 Gran Tourer at the dealership awaiting collection. While he was on the phone he checked the status of my order and was surprised to see it was now saying it had left the plant and was awaiting shipping. He said that my car was one of the last on the F60 production line to get the HK stereo and they actually ran out of parts mid-run. As mine and other vehicles were part assembled with the rest of the HK install they had to place an order for the missing parts and have them shipped to the plant to complete the build. This has now been done and it's just a matter of it getting to the dealership and being made ready for collection, hopefully in a couple of weeks.

This has probably been one of the more stressful new car purchases I've made, for various reasons, but I really am very impressed with the lengths that the dealership have gone to to keep me and my family on the road in a suitable vehicle until mine is ready.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
A little update on my F60 order. The manager of the dealership called yesterday to let me know that they'd arranged an alternate courtesy car for me as the Kia Niro I ended up with is giving me back ache, so I now have a BMW 218 Gran Tourer at the dealership awaiting collection. While he was on the phone he checked the status of my order and was surprised to see it was now saying it had left the plant and was awaiting shipping. He said that my car was one of the last on the F60 production line to get the HK stereo and they actually ran out of parts mid-run. As mine and other vehicles were part assembled with the rest of the HK install they had to place an order for the missing parts and have them shipped to the plant to complete the build. This has now been done and it's just a matter of it getting to the dealership and being made ready for collection, hopefully in a couple of weeks.

This has probably been one of the more stressful new car purchases I've made, for various reasons, but I really am very impressed with the lengths that the dealership have gone to to keep me and my family on the road in a suitable vehicle until mine is ready.
That’s very promising!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Keep us posted on this one, hope it gets resolved quickly. Awaiting news on a new Cooper Sport that's about to enter build with HK Specced, awaiting confirmation if it will be included.

Good to see that your JCW includes the Digital Dash, did you order the Nav Plus Pack?
Still haven’t got them!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
My dealer called about my F60 this afternoon and said that my car is now being held at the MINI distribution centre while they wait for the HK amp to be delivered. Apparently there were a load of cars built with all of the HK system apart from the amp and they're now all on hold at distribution centres. He had no idea when the amps were due.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
My dealer called about my F60 this afternoon and said that my car is now being held at the MINI distribution centre while they wait for the HK amp to be delivered. Apparently there were a load of cars built with all of the HK system apart from the amp and they're now all on hold at distribution centres. He had no idea when the amps were due.
Oh god, now we wait!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I just had a call from my dealer with an update regarding my F60 order. He has received an email from Mini sales planning (I think that was the department) and they have confirmed that my car does have the HK stereo fitted. There's a 'but' though. There's a part missing and they have had to order this part from Munich and they don't know how long it will take to get - but it could be a few weeks. Once this part arrives it will be fitted to the car and sent to the dealership to be made ready for collection. I'm wondering if this part is the amplifier that has been mentioned. It's strange that cars are leaving the production line with parts missing.
Have you had any updates mate?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Have you had any updates mate?
No mate, nothing. The dealer said he'd call last Wednesday if he had any news and I didn't hear from him. If this goes on much longer I'm going to be asking that the car is held until the new reg date in September too. I don't really want to be picking up a car I was expecting to take delivery of in late April/early May and it to look 6 months old after a week or two. I take it you've not heard anything either?

·
Registered
Mini Hatch JCW LCI2
17 Posts
Have you received an update yet? My JCW with HK sound has finally arrived at the dealer having been held back at Oxford - collecting Tuesday.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts