Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we have a fair few members of this forum now, and I wonder whether we may have attracted the attention of those zany cats in Berlin who designed our beloved motorcars. So what better platform for us to make our suggestions!

It goes without saying that none of us spend as much money as we have done on our new MINIs if these niggles were overwhelming, and we clearly all adore our cars, but that's not to say they can't be improved.

For me, I really don't like having nowhere to put my keys. So I leave my house, lock the door, so my keys are in my hand, and I press the unlock button for my car, climb in, and have to spill my keys into the cup holder where they rattle around every bend. I usually put them in my pocket, but I've been known to pop the boot by putting too much pressure on the key fob - annoying. I preferred the little cut out in the dash which my Clubman had.

The throttle pickup in sport is a bit choppy from nothing to light throttle. I sometimes put it in sport mode if I want to make a lot of noise on my way home from work, and sometimes hit traffic. From a standstill, I can't seem to get a gentle pick up when I just squeeze the throttle slightly - there's always a bit of a jerk as I set off. I'm sure it's not just me, and I know sport mode is just that, but has anyone else noticed it?

I think that's about it - I love pretty much everything about my Cooper S!

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
RickyB I agree with you about the fob. Mini\BWM missed the boat on a storage place for it. I would of liked to have a shorter throw shifter (manual trans). A few more 18 inch wheel options and a factory black chrome package.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Keys will disappear with the advent of near field communication technology, in fact Mini are already experimenting with it with the NFC fob cover where upon entering the car systems will automatically be set to your requirement. Only works with android phones at the moment. And with the advent of cloud based entertainment systems all your entainment will be available (as long as you used cloud storage). All your information, photos, videos and music, contacts email will be available and transferrable.

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Keys will disappear with the advent of near field communication technology, in fact Mini are already experimenting with it with the NFC fob cover where upon entering the car systems will automatically be set to your requirement. Only works with android phones at the moment. And with the advent of cloud based entertainment systems all your entainment will be available (as long as you used cloud storage). All your information, photos, videos and music, contacts email will be available and transferrable.
Hey Centaur one have you purchased the NFC fob cover?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I think that the only things I miss, and that's due to the fact that I didn't spec my car (ex launch vehicle) are the JCW steering wheel and pedals I had on my previous Mini - the wheel was chunkier than the sports steering wheel in the MCS and had a part Alcantara cover to it (not sure if that's the same as the current JCW option ?) - I know this post is slightly off topic - so apologies for that !

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nope, I have the iPhone 5s and it does not operate in conjunction with the NFC fob cover. If I had an android phone I would buy one as the cost is relatively cheap and I like technology gadgets

·
Registered
32 Posts
So we have a fair few members of this forum now, and I wonder whether we may have attracted the attention of those zany cats in Berlin who designed our beloved motorcars. So what better platform for us to make our suggestions!

It goes without saying that none of us spend as much money as we have done on our new MINIs if these niggles were overwhelming, and we clearly all adore our cars, but that's not to say they can't be improved.

For me, I really don't like having nowhere to put my keys. So I leave my house, lock the door, so my keys are in my hand, and I press the unlock button for my car, climb in, and have to spill my keys into the cup holder where they rattle around every bend. I usually put them in my pocket, but I've been known to pop the boot by putting too much pressure on the key fob - annoying. I preferred the little cut out in the dash which my Clubman had.

The throttle pickup in sport is a bit choppy from nothing to light throttle. I sometimes put it in sport mode if I want to make a lot of noise on my way home from work, and sometimes hit traffic. From a standstill, I can't seem to get a gentle pick up when I just squeeze the throttle slightly - there's always a bit of a jerk as I set off. I'm sure it's not just me, and I know sport mode is just that, but has anyone else noticed it?

I think that's about it - I love pretty much everything about my Cooper S!

First of all, those "zany cats" live in Münich.

Second, EVERY car with what we call "Comfort access" has the same set-up. Having a slot to put those keys in? THAT was bizarre. Now, it's normal. How about keeping those keys in your pocket?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm thinking what about a MCS two seater with a larger trunk space, who sits in the back anyway and look how much money it would save... And I am not thinking about a paceman

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First of all, those "zany cats" live in Münich.

Second, EVERY car with what we call "Comfort access" has the same set-up. Having a slot to put those keys in? THAT was bizarre. Now, it's normal. How about keeping those keys in your pocket?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks for putting me straight there Darex - what a fool I must have looked.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Things I would change. A more stubby front end to make the car's length no longer than the R56. It didn't need to grow.

A way of changing music folders from the MFSW.

A cloth sports seat option for the Cooper.

A second USB socket hidden in, for example, the glove compartment.

More colour options.

All in all, though, the car is epic. However, there's still something missing compared to my 2003 Mini One. It's not as good looking a car and the interior design doesn't have the cohesiveness that the original had.

Oli

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
+1 for a nice place to put the keys
+1 for an option to not remap the throttle in sport mode (do the rest but not the throttle remap) i.e. I don't need a remap, I'll press harder on the pedal myself
+1 for factory black chrome
+1 for a second *hidden* USB connector

I would also add:
- dome light for lighting the back seats
- having configurable buttons/toggles (I would like to map "interior ventilation timer" activation on a button)
- a way to easily manage/clean imported music ... so far, I think the easiest way is to delete all and re-upload only what you want
- be able to order front sensors ($) without the park assistance ($$$$$)
- seeing the flashers/blinkers state in the HUD
- offer the same options in all countries .. in our times, the world is nearly "one" and we all talk together
- ability to remote start the car (with the wireless remote we already have in our hands, I don't know why nobody thought about that before) ... in my country, in winter (when it's -30 C for instance) it would be handy to remote start the car to pre-heat it

·
Registered
734 Posts
In rthe manual it describes configuring sport mode using a menu, but doesn't say what you can change. What options are there? It says you can configure green mode as well.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
For sport mode, I don't recall the exact names but it looked like "chassis" and "drivetrain".

- Chassis = harder suspension + stiffened steering wheel.
- Drivetrain = aggressive throttle mapping + exhaust pops.

That means that you can't have the exhaust pops without the throttle mapping. Both come together because they are grouped under a single option.

In rthe manual it describes configuring sport mode using a menu, but doesn't say what you can change. What options are there? It says you can configure green mode as well.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts