Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange glitch this morning. Apple car play screen wouldn't show. Music was still streaming from my phone, and apple car play was still selected in the options.!
I had this once before, and all I did was switch the vehicle off, then start it again, and hey presto, in business. Not this time though.
In the end (after some head scratching) I went in and de-selected Apple car play, and selected the Mini set up, for music etc. Then I played a song from my USB stick, stopped it, went back in and selected Apple car play, and once again, hey presto, it was back, and its been fine since. Very odd.
Must be honest. It's the first thing buggy thing that I've had trouble with.
Just thought I'd pass it on in case any other members come across the same:)

·
Premium Member
2020 Mini Electric Cooper S - Level 2 - White Silver / Energetic Yellow
609 Posts
Sometimes I have to quit the Music app on the iPhone and that fixes the issue

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had one time in several months of ownership where apple carplay would not "wake up" for me, no matter what I tried. I finally had to delete my phone from the settings and re-add it from scratch. Since then it has been very reliable.

·
Registered
2021 Mini Cooper SE
55 Posts
Strange glitch this morning. Apple car play screen wouldn't show. Music was still streaming from my phone, and apple car play was still selected in the options.!
I had this once before, and all I did was switch the vehicle off, then start it again, and hey presto, in business. Not this time though.
In the end (after some head scratching) I went in and de-selected Apple car play, and selected the Mini set up, for music etc. Then I played a song from my USB stick, stopped it, went back in and selected Apple car play, and once again, hey presto, it was back, and its been fine since. Very odd.
Must be honest. It's the first thing buggy thing that I've had trouble with.
Just thought I'd pass it on in case any other members come across the same:)
Mine does that also from time to time not sure why, I can usually go from my parked car to my Bluetooth speaker in work with just a pause in the track I was listening to which is a cool feature with the iPhone.

·
Registered
2020 Mini Cooper S Sport Auto
186 Posts
Mine disappeared today but I went into manage my devices and it was ready to select back to CarPlay so no need to disconnect and reconnect. Can be a bit fickle at times.

·
Registered
17 Posts
this worked for me:

1. Remove your phone from the HU
2. Remove your Mini from your phone
3. Go to the main menu on the HU
4. Select Mini Connected
5. Press the OPTION button (physical controls near shifter)
6. Select Update Mini Services and don't click anything until it says it's done.
7. Turn off the car and walk away for at least 10 min
8. Turn the car back on and reconnect your phone. CarPlay should show as an option again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts