Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been a few threads about recalls that affect various Minis on the forums here, so I was keen to make sure my dealer checked on them when I brought my Mini in for its regular service. While the service rep was checking my car in, I was happy when he said he was checking to see if any recent recalls affected my car. He was proactive, and checked before I even had a chance to ask him to. This was at Momentum Mini in Houston.

What prompted me to comment on this was a story I just read about another airbag recall that doesn't look to affect BMW or Mini but other major auto brands:
Yet Another Airbag Recall Will Affect Five Million.

The article states that the airbag component defect was known for years but not addressed. An independent auto safety expert, Bryon Bloch, described a pattern of "conceal, delay, deny". With other manufacturers behaving this way, I'm glad that as far as I know, BMW is being more up front about issuing recalls, and my dealer is being this attentive to them.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Tracey, looks like you in good hands at your Mini Dealer. It is always good too know when you have a positive/negative experience at your dealer and you share it with others so they can give the dealer some business or avoid them.;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.