Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the center arm rest for my 2016 MINI Cooper S and I've noticed something odd about it. On the passenger side the inset oval is textured, but on the driver's side the oval inset is smooth.

Is this a feature? Or did some one in Oxford apply the wrong side to one side (or the other) of my armrest?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Is the textured side not the hot air extract vent to keep whatever mobile phone is in there cool?
I believe that is correct....I noticed the difference as well, and mine is like all others even though I don't have the connected option for the cell phone.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow. I never would have thought of that. I knew about the snap in adapter for smartphones, but I probably won't get one. I'd constantly forget my phone was hidden away in the armrest and would have to go back to the car to retrieve it.

A passive vent makes perfect sense. Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
But it's not a passive vent, it's an active one, theres a fan inside of the armrest even if you don't have the phone adapter I can sometimes hear it and feel the air flowing to the outside.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.