Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all, I was just having a daydream and considering the wonders of specification when I began to wonder what the armrest actually has in it?
Is it a USB connection, is it a Mini connection that requires a lead, is it a generic jack plug?
I wonder if anyone may be able to shed some light on this/post a picture of the inside of the 'rest showing this detail.
I imagine the contents will be different depending on whether the armrest was spec'd on it's own or as part of the Media XL pack.

Any help greatly received in order to calm my wondering eye.....:nerd:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Mine has a cradle in it now so it's pretty full with that! Next time I'm out I'll see if it's easily removable and take a pic :)

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
The armrest is a complete waste of space. I have Media XL so had to have the arm rest. It has just one compartment and a generic blank snapin container. My sunglasses fit, but not a lot else. Because the damned thing is in the way of the handbrake and the touchpad it spends most of its time in the vertical position making its limited storage capacity useless.

Unless you're desperate to rest your arm on it, I'd say it was best avoided.

Oli

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The armrest is a complete waste of space. I have Media XL so had to have the arm rest. It has just one compartment and a generic blank snapin container. My sunglasses fit, but not a lot else. Because the damned thing is in the way of the handbrake and the touchpad it spends most of its time in the vertical position making its limited storage capacity useless.

Unless you're desperate to rest your arm on it, I'd say it was best avoided.

Oli
Thanks Oli but unfortunately (or fortunately in the case of a mega extra) I have the media XL pack spec'd so the armrest is inevitable.
I was really just wondering exactly what was in there but it sounds like the BMW/MINI connection for the cradle so its only actually any use for holding the phone or an iPod Touch (perhaps?)

I can actually now state that my car has gone past the point of being able to change the spec as I asked on Monday for the Media to be added back in after removing and going for VB. A change of heart at the weekend and I was on the phone first thing.
The salesman told me he couldn't change it on the computer so he had to contact MINI to make the change.
Therefore what I have is now set in stone.

I could let the cat out of the bag but I think maybe I'll keep the final spec, colour and decals to myself and have an unveiling when it is put delivered sometime in September.

Plenty of pictures and lots of drooling......:D

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I couldn't possibly say, but I am not averse to the colour orange. I am currently having the brown feature wall in all rooms changed to orange.
I am even re doing the bathroom and kitchen and there are orange tiles a plenty in there too.....;)

·
Registered
734 Posts
But you obviously like brown because you had half your house brown... and now that the colour poll has 100 votes and none of them brown... what an exclusive club you'll be in!

You can be the only brown in town... ;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually Mark, the first MINI I ordered about 2 years ago was a Cooper D in Iced Chocolate.
It was ordered on an actual production slot that they had for a stock car so was just about to be built.
As I said in my original introduction, I ended up having to cancel the order.
The Dealer told me many months later that they immediately logged in to see if they could change the colour!
It turns out, they were suitably relieved when they learnt they had been able to do just that!

That was the day I learnt that as much as I really do like the colour, it was to be avoided like the plague!

Daft really because one of the coolest colours the mid seventies 911 came in was metallic Cocoa Brown.

Super Gorge!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I couldn't possibly say, but I am not averse to the colour orange. I am currently having the brown feature wall in all rooms changed to orange.
I am even re doing the bathroom and kitchen and there are orange tiles a plenty in there too.....;)
Yeah okay - turn the cars colour to orange - like get onto the point already young Cameron!

:nerd:>:D

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thats perfect!. Thanks Oli.
It is what I thought after you had explained.
A generic BMW/MINI phone cradle connection.

So no use to man nor beast unless you buy the cradle and put the phone in each time and I can tell you that doesn't happen.
After a while you listen to the music on the USB stick and the phone simply lives in your pocket and connects via bluetooth....

I'm a bit negative about this I must confess...!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've already started to leave my phone on Bluetooth only!! If I'm doing short journeys it doesn't seem worth taking my phone cover off and risking leaving my phone behind in the armrest!

I think you might be able to fit a pair of sunglasses in there?? Still not a very handy space though. And I agree with Oli that the armrest gets in the way!!!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have had iphones for the last 7+ years. I have always just left bluetooth enabled. I drive up to 2 hours a days and for most of that I am streaming via bluetooth. I currently have a 2 year old iphone 5 and only very rarely does it run out of charge by the end of the day - usually because of excessive browsing or candy crush during the day. I leave my phone on charge over night, every night. So I souldn;'t worry too much about battery drain when using bluetooth.
Actually what does drain the battery heavily is using phone sat nav applications, but I wont need to worry about that in the new Mini ;-)
Texy

1 - 20 of 46 Posts