Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Same in the US... it's bundled with the enhanced bluetooth as part of a package
Yeah, you obviously need an armrest to enable your phone using bluetooth!;)

Reactions: Escho83

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It does have that little snap in thingy. (I believe that is the technical term ;) ) supposedly boosts the reception. I don't have an iPhone though so I can't testify for that.
The snap in adapter honestly isn't worth the extra $250 you have to spend to get the adapter for your phone. That's $250 AFTER you have the compatible armrest...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Took delivery of my Cooper S a couple of weeks ago. It has a chilli pack and I had to add the armrest as an another extra to get it.

Interesting that it would have been cheaper to get enhanced bluetooth than visual boost and an armrest... they never told me that!

·
Registered
198 Posts
It's changed recently, I was getting my spec finalised for next week, Visual Boost is now listed as part of the Chili Pack but its an extra £200 on top, work that out!

If you spec Enhanced Bluetooth its now £95 and you get the armrest with that.

Teutonic logic?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up my new F56 Cooper S last week. It has an arm rest. If I purchase the "click in thingy" for my iPhone, does it just plug in or does the dealer have to do some installation work?

Thanks
Tracey

·
Registered
505 Posts
I picked up my new F56 Cooper S last week. It has an arm rest. If I purchase the "click in thingy" for my iPhone, does it just plug in or does the dealer have to do some installation work?

Thanks
Tracey
It will just snap into the dock in the armrest.

·
Registered
50 Posts
In North America, the arm rest is bundle up with the "fully loaded package".

I have an Iphone 6 Plus, can't even put my 6+ inside the arm rest because its too big..

·
Registered
186 Posts
So if you have an iPhone docked in the armrest can it be useful in there or is it just charging? I have my old 5 and was thinking of just loading it up in there to use for music and apps. I am a mostly short trip driver (at least in the MINI) so don't really need to have it charge in there, I can just use the bluetooth for the occasional phone call, right? My current phone is the 6plus so I'm guessing it won't fit in there so why bother.

Annette

·
Registered
505 Posts
So if you have an iPhone docked in the armrest can it be useful in there or is it just charging? I have my old 5 and was thinking of just loading it up in there to use for music and apps. I am a mostly short trip driver (at least in the MINI) so don't really need to have it charge in there, I can just use the bluetooth for the occasional phone call, right? My current phone is the 6plus so I'm guessing it won't fit in there so why bother.

Annette
The armrest comes as part of a couple packages or as a stand alone option (at least it did last time I looked at the configurator). In any event, if you get anything with the "enhanced bluetooth", the armrest is the key player.

Moving on to the specifics - it's not just a charger, but part of the overall enhanced bluetooth function which, if I understand it correctly, allows BT streaming from your phone. It also uses your Mini's antenna to boost your cell phone signal.

·
Registered
186 Posts
My current build had the Fully Loaded package which as I recall includes the enhanced Bluetooth. Having a 6plus that won't even fit in there makes this problematic. Bad design decision I guess. As I prefer to toss the phone on the seat and just use the bluetooth function that way I guess it won't really matter to me.
Annette

·
Registered
505 Posts
Welcome to the world of the Android users ha. Since we don't get snap in adapters, we can't use our enhanced anything. I keep my phone in my pocket unless I'm going on a longer run and jack it into the USB to use Mini Connected.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have MINI Connected on my current R56. I think I've used it 5 times in the past 4 years. Never found a use for it. Maybe it's evolved and is now useful but I never saw the point. As long as I can use my old iPhone 5 in the armrest for playing music then that's about all I need.

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have MINI Connected on my current R56. I think I've used it 5 times in the past 4 years. Never found a use for it. Maybe it's evolved and is now useful but I never saw the point. As long as I can use my old iPhone 5 in the armrest for playing music then that's about all I need.
I've said elsewhere that on longer runs, I like connected. It's nice to have your twitter and newsfeed read aloud to you even though the Facebook functionality is awful. The big thing with Connected is the search function which is weirdly well thought out. It takes into consideration where you are, what road you're on, and where you are going. I used it to look up where the next interstate rest stop was (accurate) and can use it to find businesses and such like in google maps, navigate to them and/or call them. It works surprisingly well. I'm still scratching my head with Journeymate, but I can definitely see the utility in the "find my car" function... especially if you lose your tiny car in a vast parking lot somewhere like Disneyworld ha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts