Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Brandon,

I seem to remember you had problems with folding outside mirrors squealing. My drivers side one now sounds like a castrated cat,

was there an easy fix from the dealer

is there a PUMA raised for it

Many thanks

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Hi Brandon,

I seem to remember you had problems with folding outside mirrors squealing. My drivers side one now sounds like a castrated cat,

was there an easy fix from the dealer

is there a PUMA raised for it

Many thanks
Lmao, love the thread title - deffo got my attention.

Long story short - no. The first time it went in it was my passenger side, they applied lubricant to both sides and adjusted their height in order to stop them rubbing on the base. However a week later when the lubricant had been washed away they both started, now worse than ever.

Took it back in, Williams MINI in Stockport are replacing the entire mirror housings for both sides, it's been nearly five weeks since they asked BMW in Germany for part numbers and the supply has just arrived in Germany and it can take ten days to arrive at my dealer - so if you want them replacing, which seems to be the only fix then go to your dealer now and get the parts ordered. Otherwise you're in for a five - seven week wait like me.

My service man said that mine is one of five customers cars he has seen in ten years of working there that has had the power folding mirror option - excluding stock dealer cars. Clearly people just don't specify them, nobody notices that they're poorly built and squeak and creak and grind - so they never needed a supply for replacement parts.

BOOK IT IN I SAY! 0:)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Mine also squeak on and off. Considered a quick spray of WD40 but worried that "unauthorised lubricant " would be an excuse not to fix under warranty

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
I thought about this but my dad said not to cause there's electrical parts involved, I'll just hope the dealer fixes them in due course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.