Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Been looking online but couldn't see anything specific to the f56 in regards to the audable lock and unlock option. Is this possible at all does anyone know? Just curious. Thanks 馃榿

Registered
With the original alarm, there is the acoustic signal of inserting / closing doors but no signal in opening.

Super Moderator
I really don't think it's a good idea. Neighbours etc will be annoyed by the bleeps as we were in the USA. Very common there. Drove us nuts. Just turn and look.

Registered
Hi guys,
Been looking online but couldn't see anything specific to the f56 in regards to the audable lock and unlock option. Is this possible at all does anyone know? Just curious. Thanks
It is possible via something like BimmerCode, but obv. Would need a OBD dongle. Plenty other 鈥渙ptions鈥 available and more useful too

Registered
That's what I was after
Will this work on the SE? I'm scared of messing around with OBDs are they safe?
I can鈥檛 see why it wouldn鈥檛 work if there is an OBD. Have used this on a few cars (2 x Mini鈥檚 and 1 x X3) with no issue. When you make changes the app backs up config so you can roll back. Worth emailing support to check that the SE is supported

Registered
I can鈥檛 see why it wouldn鈥檛 work if there is an OBD. Have used this on a few cars (2 x Mini鈥檚 and 1 x X3) with no issue. When you make changes the app backs up config so you can roll back. Worth emailing support to check that the SE is supported
Used on my new JCW yesterday to set the folding mirrors and other things I prefer (not audible lock/unlock for me)

Registered
Can you point me to the right link to buy one please? Can I get it from amazon?
There are links from the adapter page on the BimmerCode site. Key is what device do you use? IOS? Android?

OBDLINK CX Bimmercode Bluetooth 5.1 BLE OBD2 Adapter for BMW/Mini, Works with iPhone/iOS & Android, Car Coding, OBD II Diagnostic Scanner OBDLINK CX Bimmercode Bluetooth 5.1 BLE OBD2 Adapter for BMW/Mini, Works with iPhone/iOS & Android, Car Coding, OBD II Diagnostic Scanner : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There are links from the adapter page on the BimmerCode site. Key is what device do you use? IOS? Android?

OBDLINK CX Bimmercode Bluetooth 5.1 BLE OBD2 Adapter for BMW/Mini, Works with iPhone/iOS & Android, Car Coding, OBD II Diagnostic Scanner OBDLINK CX Bimmercode Bluetooth 5.1 BLE OBD2 Adapter for BMW/Mini, Works with iPhone/iOS & Android, Car Coding, OBD II Diagnostic Scanner : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive
Android but have access to an iPhone too. I've seen some on amazon. Heres the link - Veepeak OBDCheck BLE OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner Auto OBD II EOBD Diagnostic Scan Tool for iOS & Android, Car Check Engine Light Code Reader https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073XKQ...abc_YVPDDHJDMSM9KK9R88SS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Registered
How safe are these to actually use? My background is IT but I'm too scared of messing something up and then the car not starting again. Can anyone put my mind at ease
I also work in IT. When you use BimmerCode, and load a 鈥渕odule鈥 it backs up current config so you can always roll back to previous saved config. Try the demo mode on the app:

to get the idea, or check out some of the vids on YouTube.

I did purchase the full license for BimmerCode, so worth bearing that in mind, but think it was only 拢30 odd

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I also work in IT. When you use BimmerCode, and load a 鈥渕odule鈥 it backs up current config so you can always roll back to previous saved config. Try the demo mode on the app:

to get the idea, or check out some of the vids on YouTube.

I did purchase the full license for BimmerCode, so worth bearing that in mind, but think it was only 拢30 odd

Thanks for this, appreciate it! Only reason I ask is because I came across a post somewhere about the ECU not starting up but think that was due to an error by a dealership. I don't have a demo mode on android unfortunately but I really want to unlock a couple of things like the audable lock and unlock sound, rear daytime running lights and the confirmation indicator lock. I think I may just order it and hope it doesn't brick something up 馃槀

Registered
Thanks for this, appreciate it! Only reason I ask is because I came across a post somewhere about the ECU not starting up but think that was due to an error by a dealership. I don't have a demo mode on android unfortunately but I really want to unlock a couple of things like the audable lock and unlock sound, rear daytime running lights and the confirmation indicator lock. I think I may just order it and hope it doesn't brick something up

1 - 20 of 53 Posts