Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week am on holiday on the North Yorkshire Moors.
This is the first time at night that it has been dark enough for the auto main beam /dipping system which is connected to the Driver assistance package to function.
So far I have found that the system is very slow to move from dipped to main beam headlights even in virtual darkness.
What is more of a concern though is that when bowling along quite merrily on main beam and entering a sharp right hand bend with a stone wall on the nearside the system decided that I didn't need any light in the apex of the bend and put the lights onto dipped. As I left the bend into total darkness the system kept the lights dipped for a considerable distance before giving me main beam.
It also decided to dip unexpectedly when it encountered roadside bend chevrons .
Basically it is reacting to extraneous reflected light sources like the ACC is in daylight with a low oncoming sun. I am going to ring my dealer as it appears the two issues are connected and clearly the system needs tweaking.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ugh that sounds terrible and very unsafe. This combined with that other users post about auto-start stop issues dont paint a very positive picture.

·
Super Moderator
7,885 Posts
THE AUTO STOP START WORKS PERFECTLY !!!!! Please spend some time to get to understand it-it is totally safe and very logical-haven't got the auto dip lights but auto on off seems to work very very well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts