Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just don't like the Auto Start/Stop function so I disable it. The question is why do I have to remember to do it every time I start the car. Why can't it retain its last setting?

Then I just found this in the Owner's Manual: After every start of the engine using the Start/Stop button, the Auto Start/Stop function is in the last selected state.

What's going on here? Should I contact the service center?

·
Super Moderator
8,744 Posts
Mine isn't -wonder if they changed this-after every start of the engine it resets (as it did in my r56) to default autostop start in operation. I actually find that fine but i know it annoys some! i'd assumed it was due to the emissions thing but stand to be corrected!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it would seem the Owner's Manual is wrong. I wonder if there is any way to contact Mini about this?

·
Registered
199 Posts
There is a byte in the code that allows for default or remember-last-state upon start-up. BMW was sued with a class-action a while ago and now all the cars should have the code set to remember-last-state. The dealer should be able to fix it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.