Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of people just turn auto Start/Stop off anyway but generally I don’t mind it too much, however…

When braking and coming to a stop, the engine turns a off at 2-3mph instead of when I actually get to 0. The car then stops moving fairly quickly which just feels a bit uncomfortable instead of coming to a smooth stop. It’s also irritating when you’re just trying to creep in traffic.

I have a Cooper S Countryman auto. Was thinking of taking it into the dealer so see if they can ‘recalibrate’ it or something, but thought I’d ask here first incase that is fairly normal?

·
Registered
59 Posts
My 2019 Cooper with dual clutch transmission has to be at complete standstill before stop/start kicks in.
What's the history with yours? Have you had it from new, has it always misbehaved or is this a new problem?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh interesting. My car is just over two months old and has done it since new which is why I’m not sure if it’s meant to do that or not 😂

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2019 JCW Clubman has to be at standstill to turn off, however, I drove a new Countryman for a day recently and I experienced exactly what you describe. So it seems like a setting from the factory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts