Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right... Fill me in because I wasn't aware of my dads cars doing this.

When I'm at a set of lights I have my foot lightly depressed on the break pedal, just enough to keep me at a stop (I have start stop switched off because I find it way to intrusive on the AT). If I then depress the pedal further the tone and vibration of the engine changes and the back-end of my car rises a little, I've noticed this as I looked in my rear view mirror and noticed the view of the car behind move up.

Is this normal, is it something to do with the torque convertor?

The only way I can explain what I mean is if you have a manual car with the hand break on and you have it in gear and slowly engage the gear the back of your car dips... Well its the reverse of this.

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
Not sure about this, I either have my foot on the brake "properly" or it's in park, unless I'm expecting to move off rather rapidly, when the stick is pushed to the left, and my left foot cover the brake while the right is ready to stamp on the loud pedal...

So it's not something I have noticed.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure about this, I either have my foot on the brake "properly" or it's in park, unless I'm expecting to move off rather rapidly, when the stick is pushed to the left, and my left foot cover the brake while the right is ready to stamp on the loud pedal...

Thinking I'm coming to the conclusion I clearly drive like a mong.

·
Registered
763 Posts

That is how I drove the automatics on my test drives and never notice this. I guess it's possible that with your foot lightly on the brake at a signal the transmission is attempting to creep forward and then applying full pressure stops this thus raising the rear.

Reactions: brandonbardsley

·
Registered
998 Posts
That is how I drove the automatics on my test drives and never notice this. I guess it's possible that with your foot lightly on the brake at a signal the transmission is attempting to creep forward and then applying full pressure stops this thus raising the rear.
Ive never experienced this with mine but I like this explanation

·
Registered
70 Posts
My experience with my Auto is either you press the brake fully down and this essentially enables the clutch, then by raising your foot fully off the pedal the car begins to creep forward until the accelerator is pressed. If I try and hold the pedal anywhere inbetween the car is trying to move forward while on the brake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts