Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, wee Hurbert goes!

Plenty of derestricted running, easy up over 140mph with no fuss, very stable at high speeds (much better than the R56JCW, which was a bit "floaty").

We'll not talk about fuel usage.... but plenty of 100RON V-Power racing was consumed >:D

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
What was your top speed? We had stock F56 JCWs at close to 140 on the Indianapolis Speedway running 93 octane and no modifications. These did not have the pro exhaust or any tweaks that we were made aware of to the ECU. The highest speed I noticed was nearing the end of a straight and I had to pay attention to the upcoming curve and quit checking the speedo at 138 mph.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hurbert is unmodded and I saw 237km/h so around 147mph. Long run that saw us average close to 120mph over an hour and a half. Passed a cop at over 130mph :)

Thing that surprised me was the ease that he got there. Took a while after 135ish but upto then he just storms it :)

(My car is an S8 with 520+bhp so I'm used to big "pull" and yet he still felt pretty quick to me!)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, as anyone who knows Autobahns will know that the corners can be a bit of a challenge, but the JCW is good and solid provided you "keep your foot in" much like the locals and their 911/M5's that seem still to be ridiculously abundant.

Annoyingly, the 911 I went to see was a pup.. gah.. keep looking.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I am envious of the Autobahn, we came very close to ordering an SLK 55 AMG a few years ago and taking advantage of the European driver plan offered by MB. Just so we could drive the Autobahn. However, the local MB dealership got on my bad side after purchasing 4 new ones from them (3 SLKs and one CLK, the SLK 230 was my favorite to drive) and we purchased the C7. I am not sorry that we did as it has been a really fun car and we have put a lot of fun packed miles on it. Saved a few pennies as well!

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Back in 79 when I made my drivers license in Germany you had to take so many hours driving on the Autobahn. I did it in a VW Golf and the traffic was not as heavy back in the days and if you had a fast car you still could floor it for many kilometers. Went back right after the wall opened and you could see how the traffic got heavier and more and more cars and trucks on the road. Also went back 3 years ago and the traffic on the ABahn is a mess nothing but accidents and bumper to bumper traffic. I was sitting more in Stau,s than driving fast. These days you have to go at 3 am to find a clear stretch of road to let them horses go.:(

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was driving the Autobahn the other week during a holiday in Europe and seriously missed my car. I was instead stuck in a Piece of junk Auris/Corolla Hybrid that Enterprise decided to bestow upon me when I rented a car. The roads were wet and at one stage very snowy (fortunately the gritting trucks were out in force). Driving from Amsterdam to Hamburg I had the crap box up to 200kph somehow. I swear it was going to fall apart.

Next trip, I have to find a way to take a JCW out. I tried to rent a Cooper S, but couldn't find one anywhere (found a Countryman but that's about it).

Was seriously surprised about the lack of JCW's around in Netherlands/Germany/France/Belgium when driving. Also surprised at the lack of any kind of 'supercar' or anything fast for that matter. I was mostly being overtaken by run-of-the-mill Audi Q5's and A4's!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Depends on where you are in Germany I find. Down in Bavaria you tend to see some more exotic material, 911's, R8's and RS Audi's plus the obligatory battered old M's.

The A8 between Munich and Luxembourg is a wonderful road too, it's where i discovered that my S8 didn't have it's 250kph speed limiter!! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.