Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I downloaded the US Owner's Manual and read with interest that there's an 'Automatic Curb Monitor' function for the passenger-side mirror. (See Below)

My car was built this week, so delivery should be fairly soon... can those of you that already have your cars confirm if this feature is on all UK-spec F56 MINI models??

Automatic Curb Monitor
When the reverse gear is engaged, the mirror glass tilts downward slightly on the front pas‐ senger side. This improves your view of the curb and other low-lying obstacles when park‐ ing, for example.
Activating
1. Slide the mirror changeover switch to the driver's side mirror position.
2. Engage transmission position R. Deactivating
Slide the mirror changeover switch to the pas‐ senger side mirror position.

·
Registered
17 Posts
'downwards slightly' is hardly my experience. It twists down too far for me to be able to see towards the rear and one cannot rely entirely on the reversing camera for precision. I have to juggle the mirror downwards and then back up a couple of times if trying to manoeuvre into tight spaces. The electronic sensors cover the need to miss objects that are not readily visible in the mirrors. In my opinion this particular facility has to be used with a great deal of caution.

·
Registered
49 Posts
No, not standard. They're just 'electric folding mirrors' on configurator. Can't remember how much.
Option code 313 'Electric folding exterior mirrors' - I seem to remember they come with Option code: 430 Auto-dimming exterior mirrors and interior rear view mirror @ £ 300

·
Registered
734 Posts
Those are the right option numbers... you can have electric folding mirrors on their own for £150. The mirrors have a memory function (position is associated with a keyfob) and the parking function, as well as being heated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
US Model, standard?

Does anyone know if the Automatic Curb Monitor is standard on a MCS? I am thinking not because I cannot get mine to do it.:(

It is a US model without any additional mirror options.

Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
The automatic resetting of mirrors when reversing simply depends on the circumstances.When I reverse out of my drive I need to negotiate a wall & yes the rear sensors act as an alert but I can no longer see the corner of the wall. But when reversing against a kerb it's great as it's simple to align with the kerb.Just a question of where & when…..Haven't yet found the nerve to use the Parking Assistant though !.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'm pretty sure the mirror only tilts down when you go into reverse if the selector switch (on the driver's door) is set to adjust the driver's mirror. And you have the electric folding mirror option.

And then it (arguably) tilts down too much to be useful.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm pretty sure the mirror only tilts down when you go into reverse if the selector switch (on the driver's door) is set to adjust the driver's mirror. And you have the electric folding mirror option.

And then it (arguably) tilts down too much to be useful.

Yea correct As usual Mark - thought I'd discovered something new this morning then realised you'd beat me to it !!

·
Registered
844 Posts
I wish I had this!

No reason not to include it as standard. All the software needs to do is tilt the mirror glass, nothing to do with the folding mirrors.

If MINI are watching, perhaps they can arrange for cars with standard mirrors to be re-coded ifthey are at a dealer.

·
Registered
87 Posts
A particular pain is that it is one side only; the reality of on-street parking in many UK towns is that you might be parking against traffic flow and have just as much need to see the curb on the driver's side.

·
Registered
508 Posts
No reason not to include it as standard. All the software needs to do is tilt the mirror glass, nothing to do with the folding mirrors.
Dream on. Lots of Mini extras are like this and you have to pay Mini to enable the feature - like the trip computer used to be, or clear indicators.

Optional extras are ways of getting those who can afford to pay more for the same car to do so. Their price doesn't have a lot to do with the actual cost.

It doesn;t cost Mini much less to build a One, so they have to de-content it to make it less attractive so that people who can afford to will still buy Coopers.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm starting to get used to flicking the switch over to passenger side if I want my mirror to dip! Until I'd figured that out, I had it dipping every time I selected reverse - which makes reversing into a non-parallel space rather tricky!! It's a useful feature though :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
I don't have the folding mirror option, but it only takes a second to tap the down button on the mirror control for an opposite side reverse park, and then another second to tap it back into the original position.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.