Mini Cooper Forum banner

Automatic Curb Monitor

12K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  uke 
#1 ·
I've had my Cooper for almost 2 months and must say everything works fabulously, but there is one item I can't seem to get to work - the automatic curb monitor (or is it "kerb" in the UK manual?). Knowing me it's likely user error. I know the mirror switch should be to the driver's side. I've tried it both ways and cannot detection any motion of the mirror when in reverse. Help me out - what am I not getting?

#4 ·
Theres a button on the door mirror adjuster, you set it left or right to adjust the mirrors on that side of the car? If the vehicle is left hand drive-leave the button on the right (and vice versa for RH drive cars) ie towards the mirror that should move when reversing. This will make the nearside (kerbside) mirror angle down to show the kerb.
My only thoughts are while this is handy, it does then limit your rear view on that side as the mirror only shows the area as far back as the rear wheel, so depending on the situation you need to be careful.

#8 ·
Thanks guys, I guess I was mislead coming out of the gate when my "Motoring Advisor" advised me I had this feature even though I hadn't specced the folding mirrors. So I assumed this was a standard feature. Another misunderstanding cleared up by the cognoscenti of this forum. I'm thinking MINI corporate should give this forum a stipend or kickback or something for all the work we do promoting the product and educating owners and potential owners.

Well, at least I can stop sitting in the driver's seat fiddling with the mirrors like a dumb ass!

#9 ·
You need to put the mirror switch to the right. When you shift into reverse, the right mirror will angle down. This is standard, it has nothing to do with power folding mirrors. The mirror glass moves just like when you adjust the mirror, the mirror housing does not move.

#11 ·
OK now we're getting somewhere. Hadn't occurred to me this could be a UK/US difference. If it is supposed to be standard here, mine's not working. Will take it up with the dealer when I get my 2nd date. QMark, I will search for that old thread. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.