Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've noticed this switch on some YouTube videos. In automatic mode, how does the car determine when to recirc the air?

Cheers
Ash

·
Registered
844 Posts
Does it detect pollution like car fumes?

I have just left mine in auto mode and not seen it change.

·
Registered
340 Posts
It's not automatic recirculation.

It's climate control, you have to put it on recirculation manually, it will only switch out of that mode automatically if the outside air temperature is low

·
Registered
734 Posts
It says that the air recirculation button has an auto setting as well and that

"Left LED on, automatic recirculated-air control: a sensor detects pollutants in the outside air and controls the shutoff automatically."

which sounds nice. That seems to be the default setting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are basically three modes - Automatic, Manual, and off.

In auto, as mentioned, it will use air from outside in and recirculate based on any pollutants detected along with whatever temperature and other settings you have set.

In manual mode (M), it will always recirculate air inside the car and not use fresh air. Which it is not recommended to drive like that for extended amounts of time.

Finally is "off", which is no LEDs lit. In this mode it will always use air from the outside in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
and what about the temperature speed? I put it in 21´C but I can't see the speed of the air changes. then it is not automatic?

·
Registered
11 Posts
If I'm interpreting your question correctly, as far as fan/temperature speed is concerned, it can be adjusted when Auto mode is activated. And by auto mode I mean the button above the vent options. Not the automatic mode for air re-circulation as mentioned above.

When in auto mode, the AC controls air flow, temperature, and distribution are controlled automatically based on whatever temperature you have selected.

Auto mode also automatically turns on the automatic re-circulation mode when activated.

Basically - the car finds the most efficient way to get the car to your desired temperature as quickly as possible.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Talking about the A/C
Has anyone noted a lack of power on their A/C. I found that the big "hole" on top of the dashboard just above the screen display is also an air vent. Thought that would only work when choosing the arrow up mode, but unlucky me it works all times you choose the arrow pointed to your body mode.
I really don´t know what the use of that air vent is. What i know is because of that air vent, there is less power on the vents in front of me. What I did is close the vents on the passenger side so I can get more air. Tried to close the vent on top of dashboard but couldn´t do it

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hate my automatic air recirculation. Love my mini but not this. Even though I constantly press the button for manual mode it always automatically resets to automatic mode and let street smells in. I want the new car smell live longer.

I see a comment that automatic air condition options has the default selection for air recirculation to be automatic and that in lower tempetures it will reset to this even if manual recirculation is selected.

How can I keep the manual air recirculation as default? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
Mine stays where I leave it. In terms of power don't forget if air con is on auto you still set fan speed ie if you have it on half that's the max the fan will blow at. In terms of recirculation mine stays where I set it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine stays where I leave it. In terms of power don't forget if air con is on auto you still set fan speed ie if you have it on half that's the max the fan will blow at. In terms of recirculation mine stays where I set it!
So this is just my mini doing it. I have to take it for an inspection to my dealer.:(

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
Make sure we are talking about hte same thing; i mean the a/m recirc switch on the flat switches panel below the heater controls just above theusb and 12v ports! one press-a lit another press m lit and another press no light-and therefore recirc is off. YEs mine stays wehrer you leave it-if however you put the aircon on the recirc light is activated! hope that helps and that might be your issue; all my references are with aircon off! J

·
Registered
5 Posts
Make sure we are talking about hte same thing; i mean the a/m recirc switch on the flat switches panel below the heater controls just above theusb and 12v ports! one press-a lit another press m lit and another press no light-and therefore recirc is off. YEs mine stays wehrer you leave it-if however you put the aircon on the recirc light is activated! hope that helps and that might be your issue; all my references are with aircon off! J
I've turned mine off but not sure what the recirculation button does when on? When the auto button is selected on climate control it also turns on a/c so turned this off and thought better turn the A and M recirculation off too.
What's the difference between between A and M?

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
A is autorercirculation; apparently and don't ask me how the car knows or can detect pollution outside and switches recirc on-if the air is ok it switches to outside air. M means manual ie recirc is always on, and if no lights then air comes in from outside! This car is clever-would love to know how it detects pollutants and what-there's a lot of farmers with manure wagons round here-i wonder if it can detect country air!!!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
My Automatic circulation might be broken ...there was atime when it worked i drove pass burning fields and smoke did not get it. But lately I've been getting smells.

Dealer changed microfilter on first service 1500km i think they broke whatever senses the pollution

Going for rear breaks soon i will ask them to have a look

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710I using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts