Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there just wondering what your average mileage per kWh is ?

I have recently picked up my level 2 but even on a full charge it is showing around 120 miles but I’ve seen on test driven cars it shows at 145 ish miles.
Just wondered if there may be a problem with the battery? My average is 14.5 miles per kWh.
Any help is appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
2023 SE Premier+
17 Posts
It's going to adjust to how you drive. A new car is going to be very conservative in it's guesstimates.
Are you sure your average is 14.5mi/kWh? With a ~30kWh pack, that would give you an incredible 435mi range... A
re you sure it's not 14.5kWh/100km? Which gives ~220km range, which is precisely what I was getting on my Mini here in Canada before putting snow tires on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's going to adjust to how you drive. A new car is going to be very conservative in it's guesstimates.
Are you sure your average is 14.5mi/kWh? With a ~30kWh pack, that would give you an incredible 435mi range... A
re you sure it's not 14.5kWh/100km? Which gives ~220km range, which is precisely what I was getting on my Mini here in Canada before putting snow tires on.
I will have to look when I get the car back from being fixed. It may well be per 100 miles I just know on the one I’ve been given as a courtesy car It’s showing up as 4.5mile/kWh but the top range is much higher than mine and they’ve done similar amount of mileage

·
Registered
2023 SE Premier+
17 Posts
Yeah, there's 2 views the car can be set for , range/kWh and kWh/range. At 4.5mi/kWh would roll out to ~135mi of range. So it's a matter of what yours is set to. And again, your car will change those values as you drive and it learns your style and habits.

My wife never gets near the same range as I do on either of our cars.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think you must be displaying KW/ 100km My average over the last 9 months is 14,7 KW/ 100km which is 4,3 miles per KW. I think the 3,5 to 4,5 miles per KW will not be something unusual. Range based on my average is typically is 175 km or 112 miles.

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
444 Posts
Agree with the others on the kw/100m. I was averaging 4.2m/kWh but depending on the time of the year this will change. Don’t read too much into the GOM as there are just so many influencing factors that can affect what it displays.

If you have a regular routine, charge to 100% and see how far you get before it drops to 99%. If you stick to the same speeds you’ll see what the effect of the weather, temp and having things like lights and heating does to how far you get. Not exact science but a reasonable example.

·
Super Moderator
8,841 Posts
As above the gom is a guess and pretty stupid. Drive a long distance carefully and in green plus plus you'll get a weather dependent 130 plus! Drive it like it should ,,,,well my gom shows 90 usually!!!!

·
Registered
2021 F56 Cooper SE Level 2
277 Posts
Over the 13 months I’ve had mine, it went down to 3.8 m/kWh over winter and then recovered over the summer and currently sits at 4.4. The GOM still shows ~100-110 maximum, but real range is better.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi there just wondering what your average mileage per kWh is ?

I have recently picked up my level 2 but even on a full charge it is showing around 120 miles but I’ve seen on test driven cars it shows at 145 ish miles.
Just wondered if there may be a problem with the battery? My average is 14.5 miles per kWh.
Any help is appreciated! Thanks
New car level 3 , picked up approximately 3 weeks ago. Fully charged and shows 96 miles today for available range. I generally top up after the journey. In the past, the fully charged has also shown 105 miles. I am guessing this is the norm. I am very fortunate to have a back up a 9 year old Petrol Audi for longer journeys. That said, thoroughly enjoying my new Mini. I will need to spend more time working out my own calculations for longer journeys, factoring in the variables that may impact the available range for that particular trip

·
Registered
2023 se
7 Posts
My SE has never shown 100 mi or more in the 3 months of ownership. I tried driving less quickly but it doesn't seem to matter. This is in a very mild climate and a mix of city and freeway driving. Like others, this is not a great bother since I didn't buy this car for trips! This weekend my Kona EV showed 240 miles of range and got that going 75mph for 200 miles then showing 40 left. BTW, the Kona is faster, has quicker steering and better sightlines but I still love the SE! I don't see on the Mini app where averages are shown. Not among the selections when pressing on the right stalk end button. (California)

·
Registered
43 Posts
As above ^^^ except 6 months of ownership and never managed anywhere near 100 miles from a full charge, admittedly it does get driven sometimes in a spirited manner, that said, last weekend whilst out driving locally, a mixture of motorway (57mph indicated and on cruise control) and slow and stop start town driving, my level 3 only managed a diabolical 63 miles consuming 91% of the battery capacity.
Before you ask, that was in Green mode with the music on, daylight running lights and the blower fan speed set on segment 1 and an outside temperature of 6.5°c

unsure if that’s about average for this time of year or if there is a fault…

·
Registered
Mini Electric level 2 - 2021
596 Posts
Although I bought mine for local journeys I occasionaly have to do an airport run and I have a favourite high speed charge point for the return journey. Most recent example we took a much longer route to the airport - unexpected road closures and diversions - and the early part of the journey was dark, raining and cold so I had everything turned on.
Driving in sport mode (first switch I set whenever I get in it)
I got to my usual charging place after 109 miles with still 11% remaining. None of the 109 miles was driving slow.
Previous airport runs using my shorter route have been 92 miles with 25-27% left before charging.
For my ocassional long drives I work on an estimate of 120 miles from full charge driven in sport mode (as it should be), I would never expect less than 100 miles.
I use the indicator stalk button selected small battery display for actual battery capacity, the GOM is worthless.

·
Registered
43 Posts
^^^ that's impressive, I could only ever dream of such miles per % charge, I would like to use sport mode for all journeys, but the few times I have during the summer, those journeys only got me about 50 ish + miles to near on 85% battery capacity, I’m beginning to think there maybe a fault with my MINI and it’s poor mileage range to a full 100% battery capacity.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts