Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time, my F54 Cooper S is arriving to 8000 km and I will change the engine oil with a MOBIL1 formula 5w-30.
Depending on BMW here, I should wait for 25000 km...depending on my opinion they are out as pinapples!
The first oil change is the most important...and in any case I don't want to keep the same oil for more than 15000/20000 km.
I will not touch the oil filter just because it will be done next year (...when the car has about 20000 km) in BMW with the reset of the computer.
I'd like to know the exact quantity of oil I have to put in when the filter IS substituted and when IS NOT substituted.
I don't know how much precise is the oil measurement mode...and so I want to be rather sure about the quantity... before starting the engine to measure it.
Thanks a lot!

·
Super Moderator
8,835 Posts
I have a cooper and followed the oil change thread;because i was not changing the filter i took 1/2 a litre off the total fill-computer says it's perfect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.