Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the owners manual the passenger side mirror is supposed to tilt down when I put it in reverse and the mirror control switch is in the driver side position.

Mine doesn't and I'm curious if this is a standard feature, an option I maybe don't have or it's not working.

I can't see it being a missing option, I'm pretty sure I checked every box :). I also don't want to go to the dealer and look like a noob even if I am :p

2015 F56S if it matters.

·
Registered
25 Posts
There are a couple of things you need. First and foremost I believe you have to have the heated power-fold mirror option selected. Then, it's just a matter of putting the little selector switch on the drivers side door to the "left" (for drivers side control of mirror position) and when you reverse the mirror will fold down.

·
Registered
52 Posts
According to the owners manual the passenger side mirror is supposed to tilt down when I put it in reverse and the mirror control switch is in the driver side position.

Mine doesn't and I'm curious if this is a standard feature, an option I maybe don't have or it's not working.

I can't see it being a missing option, I'm pretty sure I checked every box :). I also don't want to go to the dealer and look like a noob even if I am :p

2015 F56S if it matters.
Hey rbuike,

I believe you must have the folding exterior mirror option installed to get the tilting mirror function. Do you have this?

On my car, as soon as I engage reverse gear my passenger mirror tilts downwards. It's a fair range of movement and not something you'd miss. As you quite rightly say, this is subject to having the mirror adjustment switch selected on the driver's side of course.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Thanks, the ONE thing I didn't think was useful! Haha who needs to fold in mirrors on a car so small :)
Yuuup. That was another one of those features that wasn't very well documented at all. And that's the same reason I saved money on the backup camera... didn't see the need on a car with no blind spots and that I can nearly reach back and just feel with my arm where the back bumper is ha

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don't have heated mirrors, but I do have power folding. Mine will only fold when the right mirror is selected. If I move the switch to the left mirror, it will no longer auto tilt.

·
Super Moderator
7,885 Posts
Not got power folds-droppped mine down to get close to the kerb yesterday just using the joystick!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi all,

I might be going absolutely mad, but I'd swear that until a few months ago, the left hand mirror did tilt when I engaged reverse gear. This was provided that the mirror control switch was set to the right hand mirror position (right hand drive car).

I booked the car into MINI service could query this fault and they are saying the same as above, that this isn't a standard option and is part of the powered folding mirror option (which I don't have).

I have 2 cars and I might be getting mixed up, but I'd swear that both my cars had this feature and the MINI stopped doing it. My car is a September 2015 JCW. It's coming out of warranty soon, which is why I wanted to get it fixed - if indeed there is something to be fixed. I do have the Driving Assistant pack amongst a long list of other options, so thought it might be part of that? Please help.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are a couple of things you need. First and foremost I believe you have to have the heated power-fold mirror option selected. Then, it's just a matter of putting the little selector switch on the drivers side door to the "left" (for drivers side control of mirror position) and when you reverse the mirror will fold down.
kylekelly. Thanks for the info. Helped me figure out why my passenger mirror stopped lowering when I reversed without having to go to repair shop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts