Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just thought I would share some pics of my new BBS SR 17 inch wheels on my Mini. These are replacing the Tentacle Spoke Alloys which we're looking a bit tired.

Happy new year and merry Xmas!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Are those wheel weights on the wheel?
LOL! Dan, I thought the same thing! ;-). Zoom in my friend...what you are seeing is a BBS logo stamped in the edge of the rim.

Cheers,

John

Reactions: KYDan

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
They do look nice but not cheap.:( I wish we could get the real thing old school once for our F56.

I like these but at $ 445.00 a piece I pass.

and of course the old style only got 4 holes. Just another reason to get the 2nd Gen.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all, really pleased with them. Yeah £700 in UK. I'll post a proper pic tomorrow.
Those are BBS logos, not wheel weights :)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I love the look of the BBS LM's but they won't fit the F56 JCW....pitty! They "are" expen$ive though!

·
Registered
207 Posts
****'s bells - they do look good. How come they are so uncharacteristically cheap for BBS? I've just been looking online. I've already taken the plunge with my winters and just got them put on my Tentacles and prior to that I was going to get a spare set. However, it ended up being a faff as my insurance company wouldn't let me fit non OEM alloys, and to be honest when I've got an excuse not to spend the thick end of a grand on something, I don't need pushing that hard, but they work really well.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
****'s bells - they do look good. How come they are so uncharacteristically cheap for BBS? I've just been looking online. I've already taken the plunge with my winters and just got them put on my Tentacles and prior to that I was going to get a spare set. However, it ended up being a faff as my insurance company wouldn't let me fit non OEM alloys, and to be honest when I've got an excuse not to spend the thick end of a grand on something, I don't need pushing that hard, but they work really well.
I think I would search for another insurance provider! After all it is your name on the title! Of course I am a charter member of the school do it first and ask forgiveness! It works most of the time, but seriously how would they know you changed wheels unless you told them?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I think I would search for another insurance provider! After all it is your name on the title! Of course I am a charter member of the school do it first and ask forgiveness! It works most of the time, but seriously how would they know you changed wheels unless you told them?
Oooh, I dunno. How about I write it off, they come along and go "hang on, those aren't OEM wheels you've got on there and you should have let us know, therefore we're not giving you a penny". Not worth the risk. I pay £290 with an £80 excess on a Cooper S on 15,000 a year, and no-one else comes close, but like I say it was a nice idea but I could live without it.

But they do look good :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
European insurance is quite expensive and particular. I pay 2/3 that for 2016 model cars, both over $35k and with full coverage and 500 deductible. Although I do usually expect that anything I've added to the car is a loss should I total it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
These are for sale if anyone wants them. £350 collection only (Hampshire area)

They're in excellent condition. They haven't been on the car for 6 weeks as I traded in the Mini for a BMW. The wheels were purchased in December 2016! Tyres not included!

Drop me a line if interested thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts