Mini Cooper Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to update the suspension on my 2014 F56 Non DCC.

Reasearching the options I came across BC Racing, they differ from all the others I’ve seen in that the rear is an actual coilover replacement for the standard spring and damper.

Has anyone fitted these?
Is there anything I should be aware of - are they too harsh for road use for example? - the F56 is my daily driver so needs to retain a little comfort.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Friends don't let friends buy BC Racing coil overs
I'm taking this as a negative. Have you had a bad experience with them?

It was the rear coilovers in the BC set up that intrigued me initially.

Actually looking at the ST X Suspensions now. From what I can see they get good reviews as an upgrade over the standard. They are adjustable for ride hight which is OK, I'm not really interested in altering damper rates on my daily.

·
Registered
2019 A94 F56 JCW AUTO
148 Posts
I don't buy tires or suspension components made in China or a republic of China. IMO I think BC Racing sells purely on price and YouTube influencer hype.

If you're looking for comfort I wouldn't buy coil overs. I'd buy H&R sport springs and Koni Yellows
Well, I never thought about BC coils as they are not really "known" as KW, Bilstein, etc (I see them on Ebay a lot). I am thinking about getting NM springs and deciding what to do with shocks.

·
Registered
2019 A94 F56 JCW AUTO
148 Posts
I found the Mini Pro Coilovers (KW1) brilliant, much better than standard for comfort and handling especially.
Can you feel the difference, like night and day, between the stock JCW shocks (no DDC) and JCW pro coilovers?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Difference between standard brand new suspension on my SE and the ST XA coilovers (same as KW v2) is marked. More composed, more comfort. German built, high quality (I’ve visited the factory these are produced in).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts