Mini Cooper Forum banner

Best Phone Mount for a Cooper S

85K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  wbpowley 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi,

I'm a new member and new owner of a Cooper S :)

What's the best phone mount for the car - I use my Note 8 as a satnav

Many thanks,

Ian

#18 ·
The MINI Click and Drive mount is pretty slick, and it has a built-in USB port to plug your phone into. And, I've seen quite a few installs where people connect the USB port to the MINI Connect one by the gear shifter so it charges and connects everything at once.

ShopMINIUSA.com: MINI Accessories and MINI Lifestyle
The spring in the mechanism does not last - had to replace two of them in less than 24 months. Need to be re-engineered. Wish they would hold up as the design is fantastic.

#6 ·
I recently picked up a magnetic Qi (Wireless) charger with a vent & stick on mount. I've stick it on the right side of the instrument cluster (RHD) and it looks pretty neat. It seems really secure there also. Face recognition doesn't work well, but it's more for when something pops up.

#8 ·
Bought a cheap one (£9) from Halfords. It is a magnetic one as well stuck to the side of the central display and it works very well, rock solid so far with a Pixel 2 XL (so a large phone). Your phone ends up where the Click & Drive puts it.

It is a stick on one though, then again the vent ones scratch so YMMV.

#16 ·
I bought a great Baseus phone holder. Easy to put the phone in and out and good quality as are all Baseus products (considering they're Chinese) Mine suctions to the window and has NEVER fallen off.
Buy from AliExpress or eBay [emoji1360]

Lincolnshire Mini Owners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.