Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new BMW Group platform that debuted in the 2015 MINI Cooper could set-up the brand to build some models that are larger than the Countryman crossover. The platform will underpin all future MINI models as well as BMW's next 1-Series and upcoming MPV.

With the Countryman selling over 100,000 units a year, BMW Group believes that it can build a larger model and still meet with success. MINI sales and marketing boos Ian Robertson said, "I do think there is a size limit. I'm not sure we could sell a 5m Mini. But as long as we remain true to the principles of it being very much an urban car, with a good turning circle, a decent size to park and so on then I think there are areas we can explore."

Aside from a larger Countryman, other possible models include a four-door version of the 2015 Cooper, a Cooper sedan aimed at the Chinese market, and a sports car that would replace the slaw-selling Coupe and Roadster models.

·
Registered
277 Posts
A mini sports car would be great to see, I just hope they make it's design a bit different and unique to it's self and unlike the rest of the Mini's being sold.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
A mini sports car would be great to see, I just hope they make it's design a bit different and unique to it's self and unlike the rest of the Mini's being sold.
Amen. For the longest time most of the mini looked exactly the same. Well in my eyes at least. Looking forward to seeing how BMW sprouts the mini brand. i have been keeping my eye on them for a while and now with the new platform (F56) it just sparked every bit of interest in my body. Including my better half. Well more from me but who cares :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts