Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Cooper 2.0 SD F55
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So yesterday I successfully programmed....

Basic mode
Make sound when in reverse gear (Update - Now disabled)
Exterior handles light up when reverse selected
Check box in menu to turn off/on DLRs
Check box in menu for (un)locking 'beeps'
Turn on lock/unlock beeps
Temp shown with pressure for tyres

Expert Mode
Rear fogs as brake lights
JCW centre display LED
Cornering fog lights

Anyone else share their success stories?

Didn't work -
Rolls Royce Warning bongs
Video in motion (although i may have not done all the correct coding / my headunit not compatable)

(I do note there are multiple bimmercode threads, perhaps a sub forum for coding would be useful)

I also have bimmerlink so handy to check and clear codes and take note of DPF regen status

EDIT - Quick coding template attached

Car is a 2015 f55 cooper SD

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Cooper 2.0 SD F55
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No its not that. the circular LED around the screen that changes colour or shows the revs has a new Standard view added called John Cooper Works
There are other animations listed (in basic coding) that can be added. I added a Christmas theme to test but didn't work and showed BMW I drive startup. I reverted it back to Mini Logo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gotcha - thank you ant. I’ve seen others with the JCW animation, but I can’t see it as an option on my bimmercode.

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
689 Posts
I coded in a few things with Bimmercode which i purchased to code in the UJ rear lights i fitted
Tyre temps
Seatbelt chime and warnings deactivated
Start car in last mode selected (usually Sport but didn't want Sport as default)
Altered seat heating temps
Stop/start deactivated

·
Registered
14 Posts
No its not that. the circular LED around the screen that changes colour or shows the revs has a new Standard view added called John Cooper Works
There are other animations listed (in basic coding) that can be added. I added a Christmas theme to test but didn't work and showed BMW I drive startup. I reverted it back to Mini Logo
I'm curious about this mod (where do you code this in bimmercode?), any chance you could add a screenshot?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I don't suppose you have a video of how it looks do you? :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
I coded in a few things with Bimmercode which i purchased to code in the UJ rear lights i fitted
Tyre temps
Seatbelt chime and warnings deactivated
Start car in last mode selected (usually Sport but didn't want Sport as default)
Altered seat heating temps
Stop/start deactivated
Setting the car's clock to auto-update via GPS is also quite useful.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Always interesting to see what people are changing on their cars.

Was having a read of some of the things this site says you can change

Amazed that the range of temperatures for the heated seats is 30 deg C to 47 deg C. those are skin burning temperatures! Also interesting you can set different temps for the seat pad and the backrest independently.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Setting the car's clock to auto-update via GPS is also quite useful.
I have done it time ago... now I can't see the option on the data/hour menu (before I could select the GPS option). I used bimmercode to active it again but it seems that the navigation hour is already active! Strange thing, isn't it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have done it time ago... now I can't see the option on the data/hour menu (before I could select the GPS option). I used bimmercode to active it again but it seems that the navigation hour is already active! Strange thing, isn't it?
Hmmm...I've not noticed that. I did the following : With BimmerCode, under Headunit HU_NBT Then expert mode, under 3000 HMI and then choose Settings_Time_Automatic, the options are nicht activ, Nav or online. The option I set to is Nav.

Once set, in the car menus I selected use automatic in the date/time setup (this wasn't available before using bimmercode). All appeared to work fine. I'll double check.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hmmm...I've not noticed that. I did the following : With BimmerCode, under Headunit HU_NBT Then expert mode, under 3000 HMI and then choose Settings_Time_Automatic, the options are nicht activ, Nav or online. The option I set to is Nav.

Once set, in the car menus I selected use automatic in the date/time setup (this wasn't available before using bimmercode). All appeared to work fine. I'll double check.
Perfect! The same for me... I was sure there was another option, but If it is the one you said, I've it. Great! Thanks

·
Registered
2020 JCW - Silver White - Auto
61 Posts
I’d like to have a go at this to have the car start in Sport each time, but I’m tight and don’t want to pay for the OBD dongle 😂

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’d like to have a go at this to have the car start in Sport each time, but I’m tight and don’t want to pay for the OBD dongle 😂
If you manage to borrow a OBD dongle, you'll also need the bimmercode software (£30). Maybe someone near you offers a coding service?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello, someone know how to code to keep the Mini Logo stay on, because I have the impression that it only lights up from time to time according to the outside light. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
608 Posts
Amazed that the range of temperatures for the heated seats is 30 deg C to 47 deg C. those are skin burning temperatures! Also interesting you can set different temps for the seat pad and the backrest independently.
This was one of the first things I changed on mine as it was set so oddly when I picked it up, some not to come on at all and some not to be worth coming on the temp was so low. Very unusual!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Guys, I was thinking, is there a setting that can be changed so when the car is put in Sport mode, the traction control turns off( as if you pressed the button once) to toggle DSC on or whatever the name is.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts