Mini Cooper Forum banner
221 - 240 of 283 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
So my car went to the dealer for maintenace and what I feared happend.
New update.

What are the things that I am not gonna be able to get back?
I programmed the blinkers to blink 5 times.
The car started in green mode.
Rearlights light up as DRL
I turned up the sensitivity of the auto light function.

So far those are the things I remember I had programmed.

· Registered
16 Posts
So my car went to the dealer for maintenace and what I feared happend.
New update.

What are the things that I am not gonna be able to get back?
I programmed the blinkers to blink 5 times.
The car started in green mode.
Rearlights light up as DRL
I turned up the sensitivity of the auto light function.

So far those are the things I remember I had programmed.
Could you not just use one of the back up files to restore all the features you had previous coded onto your car?

· Registered
103 Posts
Could you not just use one of the back up files to restore all the features you had previous coded onto your car?
as i know backup file can't use after software updated.
you have to wait bimmercode to release new apps update to code it all again, however 5 blinks seems not working anymore even there is option in the apps, isn't it?

· Registered
3 Posts
Hey I’m new to car coding so I have a few questions. Is there a way to code the navigation so that it displays the speed limit? I have the big navigation but I do not have the front camera. I do know however that the system uses both gps information as well as the camera. Therefore in theory it should work with just the gps information, right? Also I’d like to code the JCW HMI break/Turbo gauge on my Cooper s. I coded it but it doesn’t seem to really be showing any information. The red led bars move randomly in a flash, with the break or turbo showing readings when my feet are completely off the pedals. Hoping this community could help me out :)

· Registered
48 Posts
Does anyone know if it is possible to code the increased throttle sensitivity you get with 'sport' mode so it also applies in mid mode? I prefer the 'sport' throttle response but dont always want the harder steering or damper settings.
I know I can just change the menu for sport settings to give this but then I'd need to go back into the menus if / when I want the full go cart experiance!

· Registered
9 Posts
Hi everyone, I’m a bit of a newby but loving the info on here!
I bought BimmerCode mainly to turn on rear led for my new UJ lights, I’m in a late 2014 cooper SD.

I’ve done the lights, made the stereo turn off when the door opens and the lights in the handles turn on when in revers.
I’ve got HUD and would love the JCW view but I can’t see how to get into the coding for the hud, I’ve read this whole thread and can see the instructions but still can’t see the same options, any clues???

Cheers

· Registered
9 Posts
Ok I’m struggling with this one, I thought I’d coded it but maybe in the wrong order.

I’ve got the new 3 options in the hud menu but when I try to tick these options only the s option ticks but nothing appears in the hud.

Any thoughts guys,thanks for the help ?

· Registered
237 Posts
I just started using bimmercode app with the vgate dongle, managed to get my sport mode active on startup and folding mirrors,
I just yesterday installed new door handles with the button , am I correct in thinking comfort access needs to be active for this to work, and or does it need an extra physical connection in the handles ?

I thought I had activated comfort acces in bimmercode but I’m guessing there may be other levels this needs activating. ?

Also I see a lot of coding in expert level on this thread, I appreciated there is a higher level of danger in this level, is it still a case of. Just activating the codes or do you actually input new codes?

· Registered
43 Posts
I just started using bimmercode app with the vgate dongle, managed to get my sport mode active on startup and folding mirrors,
I just yesterday installed new door handles with the button , am I correct in thinking comfort access needs to be active for this to work, and or does it need an extra physical connection in the handles ?

I thought I had activated comfort acces in bimmercode but I’m guessing there may be other levels this needs activating. ?

Also I see a lot of coding in expert level on this thread, I appreciated there is a higher level of danger in this level, is it still a case of. Just activating the codes or do you actually input new codes?
Whenever I have got completely stumped like that, a nicely written plead for help to support @bimmercode
Has come out great!

They have written me full instructions in the past!

No harm in asking

· Registered
6 Posts
Ok I’m struggling with this one, I thought I’d coded it but maybe in the wrong order.

I’ve got the new 3 options in the hud menu but when I try to tick these options only the s option ticks but nothing appears in the hud.

Any thoughts guys,thanks for the help ?
same as yours. Have you figured out? I have activated the three options, but can only tick the two sub-box, "S shift" and "sport mode". I noticed the speed in HUD would shift to left for a while when I start the engine, but it will go back to the center after 3 or 4 seconds. nothing changes.

· Super Moderator
1,061 Posts
same as yours. Have you figured out? I have activated the three options, but can only tick the two sub-box, "S shift" and "sport mode". I noticed the speed in HUD would shift to left for a while when I start the engine, but it will go back to the center after 3 or 4 seconds. nothing changes.
Just as a data point, the speed in my HUD always starts off at the left then centres itself after a few seconds. I have never coded anything in mine.

· Registered
6 Posts
I have emailed Stephan, he replied very quick and said "I can not help with this issue unfortunately. The problem may be the software in the car."
I guess it may be the end.

· Registered
2 Posts
hi guys

There is something which is driving me nuts.

I have a new john cooper works countryman 2020. I really wish they would have allowed us to buy it without mini driving modes but alas it comes as standard on the car.

What I want to do is to use bimmercode to have Sport steering and sport throttle 24/7 but in mid mode so I don't have to hear that damn exhaust rumble all the time. It is seriously deafening i don't know how people driving with this shit on all the time but it's infuriating.

Has anyone figured out how to do this?

TLDR: How do i use bimmercode to activate sport steering and sport throttle in mid mode so i can avoid annoying rumbling exhaust in sport mode

· Registered
128 Posts
Coded some things yesterday:

• Passenger's mirror tilt angle on reverse: from 100% to 40%. Now it has sense.
  • Temperature with pressure on tyres display
  • Always remember last driving mode used
  • Date and hour automatical set by GPS watch
  • JCW rev in sport mode on hud.
Mine is one of the first F56 (march 2014). Everything works great. Even If I coded (for JCW rev counter) the second set of codes before the first. Then I went in hud display option and set sport display on (under it there are two options: sport modes and another). I made some tests and it works with the first not selected and the second selected.
Only a thing: it doesn't show the vertical lines for optimal gear change on left and right side of the rev counter on hud (I try to push till the red line but it doesn't work).

221 - 240 of 283 Posts