Mini Cooper Forum banner

241 - 255 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Coded some things yesterday:

• Passenger's mirror tilt angle on reverse: from 100% to 40%. Now it has sense.
  • Temperature with pressure on tyres display
  • Always remember last driving mode used
  • Date and hour automatical set by GPS watch
  • JCW rev in sport mode on hud.
Mine is one of the first F56 (march 2014). Everything works great. Even If I coded (for JCW rev counter) the second set of codes before the first. Then I went in hud display option and set sport display on (under it there are two options: sport modes and another). I made some tests and it works with the first not selected and the second selected.
Only a thing: it doesn't show the vertical lines for optimal gear change on left and right side of the rev counter on hud (I try to push till the red line but it doesn't work).

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hey all i'm a bit late to the party so be gentle :)
I've used Carista on my previous VAG cars without problems and paid for the full version to activate more things.

Now i've just bought the adapter and downloaded Bimmercode to alter some settings on my Mini but i'm not 100% sure on how it fully works.
I have the free version of Bimmercide, i plugged in the adapter and connected fine. I went through the settings and made some changes but wasn't sure if i should press CODE after each change or after making all the changes?
When i pressed CODE it wouldn't allow the changes - can the changes only be made with the full paid app? if so is it a monthly subscription or lifetime payment?

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Coded some things yesterday:

• Passenger's mirror tilt angle on reverse: from 100% to 40%. Now it has sense.
  • Temperature with pressure on tyres display
  • Always remember last driving mode used
  • Date and hour automatical set by GPS watch
  • JCW rev in sport mode on hud.
Mine is one of the first F56 (march 2014). Everything works great. Even If I coded (for JCW rev counter) the second set of codes before the first. Then I went in hud display option and set sport display on (under it there are two options: sport modes and another). I made some tests and it works with the first not selected and the second selected.
Only a thing: it doesn't show the vertical lines for optimal gear change on left and right side of the rev counter on hud (I try to push till the red line but it doesn't work).
You need to press the traction button once. For some reason mine only shows on sport traction

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey all i'm a bit late to the party so be gentle :)
I've used Carista on my previous VAG cars without problems and paid for the full version to activate more things.

Now i've just bought the adapter and downloaded Bimmercode to alter some settings on my Mini but i'm not 100% sure on how it fully works.
I have the free version of Bimmercide, i plugged in the adapter and connected fine. I went through the settings and made some changes but wasn't sure if i should press CODE after each change or after making all the changes?
When i pressed CODE it wouldn't allow the changes - can the changes only be made with the full paid app? if so is it a monthly subscription or lifetime payment?

Thanks
Hi. You need to buy the full version of Bimmercode. It is a one off payment. There is also Bimmerlink (IOS only but Android coming soon ref the developer) for Trouble codes etc.
Used Bimmerlink loads and it is awesome.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hi. You need to buy the full version of Bimmercode. It is a one off payment. There is also Bimmerlink (IOS only but Android coming soon ref the developer) for Trouble codes etc.
Used Bimmerlink loads and it is awesome.
Thanks, i'll get that paid and try again - do i need to press code after every change or once i've selected all of them?
I used my Carista when i fitted my dashcam to clear a fault code so i know that works as well - can't make setting changes though (pulled connector out of pass airbag switch on dash end when running wire to fusebox)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi. Yes press CODE after each MOD. Personally, I have found it easier to have a little book and create a list of which ECU I am in and then which change I am applying with a few notes - HEADUNIT - AUDIO - ITEM etc.

I select ONE item, then CODE it, then a new item. A bit slower but I know where I am then!! Especially if I want to undo the CODE.

Expert mode is a whole new ball game!!!

Let us know what you do. Feedback any issues to the developer, he responds normally after a few days.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm wanting to do a few things
seat belt warnings off
tyre temp added to pressure readings
remember last driving mode setting
auto stop/start off
change rev lights to led as i've just fitted led bulbs
and if i get some UJ rear lights i can code them as well :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm wanting to do a few things
seat belt warnings off
tyre temp added to pressure readings
remember last driving mode setting
auto stop/start off
change rev lights to led as i've just fitted led bulbs
and if i get some UJ rear lights i can code them as well :)
Should all be fairly straight forward. A bit at a time, sometimes it does reset the ECU, clears the trip mileage so record that if you use it.
Also on mine it resets the forward collision warning - scared me the first time, but the software restarts it and all is well.
It also often resets the time - so I have to go back in and reset it!!
Awesome car and software though!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Should all be fairly straight forward. A bit at a time, sometimes it does reset the ECU, clears the trip mileage so record that if you use it.
Also on mine it resets the forward collision warning - scared me the first time, but the software restarts it and all is well.
It also often resets the time - so I have to go back in and reset it!!
Awesome car and software though!!
The same for me. Scared, but after all was ok. Only a thing: it disabled the automatic reset of the trip computer (every 4 hours by default) if you have set it. You have to select it again if you want it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You need to press the traction button once. For some reason mine only shows on sport traction
I tried but it didn't work (I disable the traction control). Have I used the right button? Maybe I've to push (not hold) the button, right?

Edit: I found that I've to do just a little pressure (only a touch). I'll try it!

·
Registered
41 Posts
The same for me. Scared, but after all was ok. Only a thing: it disabled the automatic reset of the trip computer (every 4 hours by default) if you have set it. You have to select it again if you want it.
There is an option in Bimmercode to disable / enable the reset 🙂👍

·
Registered
41 Posts
£30.99? i was told it was £10.99 for the paid version? is there a cheaper option as i probably wont use it once i've set these things
Just £31 as far as I know and it works with the cheaper adapter. Carly meeds a specific adapter and the software is an annual fee.
Put a shout out to see if there is someone local to code your car rather than buy it all? Just beware that a dealer software upgrade could reset everything to factory default!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I tried but it didn't work (I disable the traction control). Have I used the right button? Maybe I've to push (not hold) the button, right?

Edit: I found that I've to do just a little pressure (only a touch). I'll try it!
No, it didn't work. I can't see the vertical lines for the optimal gear shift change...

241 - 255 of 255 Posts